• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the ED

ramtwins

Dec 7, 2020
Truck Year
I just purchased my first ED. It's a 2016 Ram Limited with 110k on it. All service since new has been done by the Texas dealer. Truck was owned by a doctor who always had everything done on time. Are there any recommendations as to what I should do to see 300k miles out of this? I'm not going to the dealer as I have my own lift and love to get my hands dirty. I love the truck, I've put 3k miles on it and intend to tow a 7000 pound trailer from Arizona to Rocky Point Mexico 3 or 4 times a year to fish and drink beer.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! A tune and removal of the egr and exhaust straight pipe seem to do the trick for the most reliable life of the motor. The factory emissions setup allows soot to be recirculated into the intake and throughout the motor. This engine does not like stop and go traffic or short trips so try to make sure your rides are long enough for it to get warmed up and happy!

ramtwins

Dec 7, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you for your reply. Can you recommend a tune? I haven't been able to find anyone in the Phoenix area to delete the EGR. Kinda surprised about that but I'll keep looking. I am a former (20 years ago) auto tech so I might just purchase the parts and do it myself (or at least try)

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
The tune is pretty much an order online put in yourself type setup. I’m running sofaking tune, others recommend hd diesel, gde tuning, and I believe there’s one more. For the actual delete parts a quick google search will give you a few options. I ordered my parts from eBay and the egr stuff worked perfect, I haven’t done the dpf delete yet but I ordered the pipes and they look like they should fit just fine. The egr delete is pretty straight forward. You can do a “partial” which is removing and plating off your diffuser tube, or a full which is a little more involved.

My 12th DSL

Apr 26, 2018
Truck Year
Try Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer, Alberta. They have worked with a number of people in the US to supply tunes and EGR/DEF delete. Great bunch there. And using a US$ buys alot more in Canada. Took my 2014 to them in August. Should have done it much sooner.