• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Noob w/ 2016 Tradesman CC ED

MarkieL

Feb 26, 2022
Truck Year
Howdy.

I recently purchased a 2016 Tradesman Crew Cab w/ EcoDiesel. Odometer reads 161000 miles but truck is very clean, bought from local dealership & has been local all its life. EcoDiesel engine purrs like a champ. Took a chance on this rig in that since the truck has 160k miles on its clock, any issues with it have either 1) been resolved through the original owner, or 2) will not be an issue.

Having said that, I have a few "nits" that I'd like to throw out for discussion. First, being a Tradesman model the front bumper is solid with no cutouts for fog lights. I also own a 2005 1500 Quad Cab that originally came without fog lights as well. The 2005, however, was pre-wired with only the lamps/brackets & op switch needing installed or replaced, with those items being part of a kit from the factory. The 2016, as I have come to understand, will require a dealer flash for sales code as well as replacing the front bumper with one with cutouts. Does RAM offer a fog light kit with the requisite parts for the 2016 as well?

Secondly, I am wanting to install the remote start function. Any advice for wanting to do that install (e.g., does it also require dealer sales code flash)?

Lastly, I have been wondering if anyone has ever considered using the UConnect 5.0 NAV out of a ProMaster 1500 as an alternative for the 8.4 NAV unit? It would appear to be "plug and play" but not wanting to be the sacrificial lamb here; just looking for constructive feedback.

Once again, thanks for having me.

- Mark

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You will Need ALFA + OBDII to add those functions, And You will find ALFA a Necessary Device owning any Ram 2006+ Don't know about the NAV.