• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Notification of update to approved emission modification

slail29

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Anyone have the scoop on this letter I just got in the mail from FCA? In summary, it says due to a small number of complaints about lag when the engine is cold, they "addressed" the issue which was approved in December 2019. I remember reading something about Keith, from green diesel, working on the new tune with FCA after he was shut down in the fall, not sure if that was true or not.

Anyone have any input on the new tune, does it help? I already have the original AEM tune on my Jeep ecodiesel, installed last fall. I plan to go get this one done in the next week or so.

Attachments

• image0 (1).png
    image0 (1).png
    852.9 KB · Views: 10

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I also received that letter while my 2015 Ecodiesel Big Horn is waiting for recalls associated with the EGR cooler leak. The dealer wasn’t very aware of anything until I called FCA customer care. I will remind them to update the AEM software since I complained about the turbo lag and poor mileage. Hope they can figure out the recalls.

ScotttA

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year
I recently rec'd the letter about the VA7 NOTIFICATION OF UPDATE TO APPROVED EMISSIONS MODIFICATION..

Called my dealer today and they've not been paid yet for the EGR recall.. So they are acting like they won't want to do any more free work for me til that's resolved. I'm to speak with the service Mgr on 5/6 if he's in the shop & going from there.
I'll gladly call FCA & pitch my opinion/fit if it'll help my dealer get reimbursed, but I'm not hopeful. May just take time for that to get ironed out between dealer & FCA.

Clifford

Jun 11, 2020
Truck Year
Just had the recent reflash done and Don't Do It yes performance is better but fuel mileage is worse!