• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil bypass spring + plastic cap

Gabe

Nov 14, 2021
Truck Year
Hello
New on the site.
Bought 2015 EcoDiesel August 2020.
218 000 km now with no issues so far . Mostly highway drive .
Really enjoying the truck so far 🤞
Recall performed today regarding EGR.
Question regarding oil change; anyone would know where to get the replacement spring + little plastic cap for the oil bypass ??
and part # if known ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114_222453_com.opera.touch~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114_222453_com.opera.touch~2.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 7

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
I believe that part is secured to the housing via a metal cup which is pressed in. I don't know that this part is available- doesn't look like it is called out separately in the housing assembly drawing. I took one apart a while back and the only way to get the metal cup out was destructively.
1642046630384.png

Gabe

Nov 14, 2021
Truck Year
I believe that part is secured to the housing via a metal cup which is pressed in. I don't know that this part is available- doesn't look like it is called out separately in the housing assembly drawing. I took one apart a while back and the only way to get the metal cup out was destructively.
View attachment 3616
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Dealer told me I would have to purchase the housing kit (around 500$ can). I was still able to put the spring and plastic cap back in place during my last oil change but they clearly don't stay in place at the bottom of housing while the oil filter is out. The oil filter seems to keep in it place once everything put back together

EcoDiesel USA

Jan 15, 2022
Truck Year
In other performance worlds we delete the bypass and just change oil at the correct mileage. Deleting the bypass causes oil pressure to be slightly higher and prevents unfiltered oil from ever entering the engine. I have an extra housing in my shop so I'm going to look into deleting mine.

Gabe

Nov 14, 2021
Truck Year
Ok
Is it complicated to take off (or take away) the bypass ?
** You are referring to 'delete' the bypass; can you elaborate more on that please