• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil change

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
It really depends on your driving habits and the type of fuel you run. I change mine at 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. I do a lot of towing and short commutes, so I error on the side of caution. Plus, I run biodiesel in my truck, which requires shortened oil change intervals. I have 97,000 miles on my 2015 with no problems.

Dtiffany

Oct 6, 2021
Truck Year
It really depends on your driving habits and the type of fuel you run. I change mine at 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. I do a lot of towing and short commutes, so I error on the side of caution. Plus, I run biodiesel in my truck, which requires shortened oil change intervals. I have 97,000 miles on my 2015 with no problems.
I have new question, my truck smokes like hell at the end of the day after ideling a few times a day . Clears after less then a mile, def is full.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I have new question, my truck smokes like hell at the end of the day after ideling a few times a day . Clears after less then a mile, def is full.

Is your truck deleted?

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
What does that mean
If you're deleted, it means that someone removed some or all of your emissions devices/components.

Did you buy the truck new?

Dtiffany

Oct 6, 2021
Truck Year
No, used but have had it 2yrs. This started about a month ago after my last oil change

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
No, used but have had it 2yrs. This started about a month ago after my last oil change

What year is your truck? Do you fall under any warranty (5 year/100,000 powertrain warranty, AEM warranty, extended warranty)?

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
What brand oil do you use? Thanks

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
2015, no warranty

If your truck isn't throwing any codes (no check engine light), then the system isn't detecting a problem. The EcoDiesel has enough sensors that it usually lets you know when there's a major problem. There shouldn't be any visible smoke coming from your tailpipes, though. I just don't have enough information to give you any good advice. This is the first time I've heard of the EcoDiesel blowing smoke with the emissions intact. Personally, I would take it to the dealer and ask them if they could do a courtesy check. Since the problem is emissions related, they might look at it for free and give you some feedback. If you decide to go that route, let us know what you find out.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
What brand oil do you use? Thanks

I'm using Rotella T6 in my 2015 and Pennzoil Platinum Euro in my 2020. Once I use up all my Pennzoil stock, then I'm plan to switch to Rotella T6 in the 2020. I just changed the oil in my 2020, so this isn't an updated picture.

l036VOm.jpg