• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Residue on Tube connecting to Intake Manifold

PNWEasternWaEco

May 9, 2019
Truck Year
Hi,

I noticed a drop of oil on top of my engine cover and took it off to investigate. The tube entering into the intake manifold (?) has a good deal of oily residue around it. What is the cause and the fix? Thanks!

Attachments

• ecodiesel 1.jpg
    ecodiesel 1.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 50

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
that is the hose from your intercooler to your intake. The routing goes from the turbo to the intercooler to the intake. Looks like you have an oil leak at your turbo and it is spewing oil into your intake. From what I see.... It could be something dripping on the connection but I doubt it. Looks more like oil wicking from the turbo to me. Take it to a good independent diesel shop or a dealer if its under warranty. The turbo is covered under the settlement but not the oil feed line.

PNWEasternWaEco

May 9, 2019
Truck Year
that is the hose from your intercooler to your intake. The routing goes from the turbo to the intercooler to the intake. Looks like you have an oil leak at your turbo and it is spewing oil into your intake. From what I see.... It could be something dripping on the connection but I doubt it. Looks more like oil wicking from the turbo to me. Take it to a good independent diesel shop or a dealer if its under warranty. The turbo is covered under the settlement but not the oil feed line.

Right on, thank you.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
sorry PNW, I think you have an oil leak at the turbo. Whether it is the turbo or the turbo oil line I don't know.