• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oily egr tube and map sensor

ecodummy

Jan 12, 2023
Truck Year
I keep pulling 2 codes on a regular basis, p24ae and p2459. After doing a forced regen they both come back within a few days. I finally pulled the egr tube and the map sensor and both were really oily instead of having the gummy build up I've seen in all the YouTube videos.

I also have a problem where if I'm doing a lot of city driving my exhaust will start to smoke heavily of and on. It will smoke the same way it does while doing a regen. I attached a pic for reference.

Truck isn't burning through coolant and doesn't appear to by burning through oil either. Am I having an oil blow by problem, or maybe something else?

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_164652249~3.jpg
    IMG_20230224_164652249~3.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 10

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Doesn't seem right but I don't have an answer. Maybe TC will see and chime in.

ecodummy

Jan 12, 2023
Truck Year
I forgot to mention, only the intake side of the egr tube was oily, the egr side was a lot drier and fairly clean