• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

On again-Off Again low oil light.

Moosemeat

Aug 29, 2023
Truck Year
After a couple of weeks enjoying our new (to us) 2020 Ram Ecodiesel, it has devolped an issue. After about twenty minutes of highway speed, when I stop for a light or to park the low oil pressure lights up. Now I changed the oil after I got the truck, so I know its clean and plentiful. It's not overheating.
The next morning or even just two hours later it starts right up and runs at the proper pressure, like nothing ever happened. This looks like an electrical problem to me as it's intermittent.
How can I get rid of this split personality?

Moosemeat

Aug 29, 2023
Truck Year
I took it to the shop and they tell me that the oil filter cover was not tight enough, although I gave it a pretty good crank. It now runs fine.
I guess I'll have to borrow a silverback gorilla from the zoo for this job.

Cgradney

Aug 25, 2023
Truck Year
Did you have oil seeping around the filter housing? I usually just snug the filter cap with new o ring an never had to get real tight.