• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opting Out of FCA, EPA, Class Action Lawsuit

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I will bet your glad you did! now we see all the problems that is going on with the guys who have taken the updates and the little cash offered , I know I am..

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
its iffy whether people who opted out will get a better deal or not. Most of the people who opted out got a truck that had caused them years of heartache and frustration and I don't blame them for holding out for an exit from the truck.

If you are just unhappy with performance after the flash, take 700 of the 3100 you got and buy a tuned ECM and your complaints are over. Unless you live in California. But if you live in California its your own fault for electing people who do things to you that you don't like. Or move. Nevada is nice.

Katoom27

Apr 8, 2019
Truck Year
Wish it were that easy to pack up a career and leave California. No I can’t do a tune to my truck and no I didn’t vote for any of the dumbshits running this state. I blame dodge for getting themselves into this problem. They’ve choked this engine down so much with bs emissions stuff trying to look like environmental hero’s and it backfired. I don’t want a tune that’s gonna screw the truck up even more than it already is. Hell I can’t tow without the thing getting hot and my boat is under 4K. Love the truck but I’m very worried about the longevity of this engine. I don’t think it’s gonna be an engine that’s gonna be in it for the long haul. I bet the hemi will be a longer lasting engine in general

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Wish it were that easy to pack up a career and leave California. No I can’t do a tune to my truck and no I didn’t vote for any of the dumbshits running this state. I blame dodge for getting themselves into this problem. They’ve choked this engine down so much with bs emissions stuff trying to look like environmental hero’s and it backfired. I don’t want a tune that’s gonna screw the truck up even more than it already is. Hell I can’t tow without the thing getting hot and my boat is under 4K. Love the truck but I’m very worried about the longevity of this engine. I don’t think it’s gonna be an engine that’s gonna be in it for the long haul. I bet the hemi will be a longer lasting engine in general
If I was compelled to live in California (I am open to a house in Costa Mesa and a 9 figure salary) I would move on from the eco. If you have relatives in Ohio, Falls Motor City in Cuyahoga Falls is giving them away, so is Jimmy Britt Ram in Dublin, GA. I just bought one so I found the two cheapest dealers within 500 miles of me and bought from Jimmy Britt.

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
No devaluation in my area. The dealers are getting a premium. After opting in for the settlement the truck will have an extensive emissions warranty for another 4 years and will likely increase the resale value.
In my neck of the woods, since May 3rd the prices have gone up more than $3k on same spec'd similar condition/mileage vehicles. Several things going on. For instance, CarMax and some other non franchised dealers here are actually showing up to buy non updated vehicles on the showroom floors, not just at auction. They do the update and get the $3k as well before offering it for sale for several thousand more than normal, reason being as all this compensation hoopla has caused such frenzy of sorts. This also does not give the dealers the time to discount desirable vehicles as they don't sit on the lot even long enough to get photos taken. Then, there is a shortage of used vehicles since May 3rd as well, because the normal influx of trade-ins and resells is lower now as owners are doing their updates and waiting for their checks before moving on to another vehicle. This all has caused their price indexes to raise several thousand (not consumer kbb etc. but the dealers perceived value). There are currently only a few hundred 14-16 Ram longhorn or limited's listed on many sites nationwide, whereas normally there would be 2-3X the supply, sitting on the lots longer i.e.weeks or months (which would be the normal time frame) and prompting discounts. Now even the updated ones are riding the wave and because of the "altered" index price are fetching more--though only to unassuming buyers. And finally, even dealer auction prices are higher--some Chrysler dealers, who cannot take the $3k, realize they can get today in cash at auction what would normally be near retail sales prices to other non-franchised dealers (who know about the $3k settlement), without having to inventory it and have it sit, or having to recondition and market it.

Last edited:

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
If I was compelled to live in California (I am open to a house in Costa Mesa and a 9 figure salary) I would move on from the eco. If you have relatives in Ohio, Falls Motor City in Cuyahoga Falls is giving them away, so is Jimmy Britt Ram in Dublin, GA. I just bought one so I found the two cheapest dealers within 500 miles of me and bought from Jimmy Britt.
Ha, I found one near there as well. The ecoD mania hasn't hit thereas much, between the long-term larger than normal spread between gas and diesel fuel prices has reduced the perceived value, and I guess possibility of rust etc. vs. southern trucks?

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
Ct is the second if Ca #1 in the the dumbshit category!!!

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
traded my 2015 eco Laramie crew cab for a 2017 long horn 2500 cummins, Chrysler offer was 26k, found a 2500 at the chevy dealership, they gave me 30k for my eco i thought that was fair, paid 43k for the 2500 longhorn with 34k still had factory warranty, it came down to much baggage with ecodiesel, i will miss 28 mpg . tow rating of eco 7600lbs, 2500 cummins 17000lbs. eco ride was better but it had 4 corner air, now its time to get the trailer i want. i mean the wife wants....