• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P04DB

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Anyone had this code before? Got it once a few weeks ago hauling a load of wood on the trailer down the road got it as soon as I was pulling out of the driveway. I got it again today empty heading home. I noticed this morning on the way to work my throttle seemed a little more lag than normal but just figured it was the cold fooling with it. I checked the crank case hose as suggested by another post on here and checked all my vacuum lines. I noticed at an idle if I take my oil cap off it seems to be a little bit of a positive pressure coming from it. Oil looked fine, 3k on it and looked fairly clean for what it is.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I thinh it is crankcase breather sensor but it was on early ecos and is no longer serviced

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah I read in another thread it’s discontinued. I checked the hose connections and it seems okay. Idk what the hell its doing. Might just do aem flash earlier than anticipated and tune and delete egr and change oil cooler for good luck. I’m wondering if my egr shit the bed again. It’s been 23k since previous owner did it at dealer.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
The EGR is under recall and is covered under the extended warranty. Go get em!
I spoke with s/a at dealer he said since it’s been within 2 years of the first one it’s covered either way and the aem flash would cover whatever else it would likely be

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I got to thinking about it... my last oil chance was 2-3k ago and I think I ended up with almost 12 quarts added. Wonder if I overfilled it or didn’t give it enough time to settle

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Wanted to provide some update into my code. Since it’s saying it’s intermittent not immediate like others situations, I started retracing my steps. I found a setting in alfaobd that was something along the lines of performance shift enabled. I turned it on a few months ago and since then the code has come up twice. I noticed when driving my truck wouldn’t shift, instead it wanted to build more boost. I’m wondering if for some reason the sensors were thrown off from the ecm seeing as how the truck wasn’t coded from the factory that way. Drove it yesterday and seems to be shifting correctly now where as before around 40-50 mph I could hit the gas and it would almost slug until I hit the pedal more then it would shift. I’ll keep you updated!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Update

250 miles, 12 warmups and no cel or pending codes. I caused my own issue it appears 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Update.

about 5k since I kept getting the code. I ended up resetting the transmission clutch values a few times and it’s seemed to resolve the issue!!

justin8789

Jun 28, 2020
Truck Year
I am having the same problem with that code. Did that take care of it. It came on as soon as I put a oil catch can on and then I took it off and it seemed to be working until today and it came back on. How did you rest the trans clutch.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I used my sofaking tuner handheld device to reset the values. I haven’t had the code since I reset the values the second time. AlfaOBD should allow for reset also. I believe when I went from factory tires to 35” tires it threw my shift points off and allowed the engine to shift into second way too early and lugging the engine. Probably need to change my fluid and filter in the trans also but I’m waiting to finish up my garage so my fatass doesn’t have to deal with the change in the heat.

justin8789

Jun 28, 2020
Truck Year
You think if I reset the ecu that would do it. I replace the trans fluid about 2 month ago. I have stock tires on the truck to. I hear ya I hate work in the heat it sucks.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
You’d need to reset tcm( trans control module) wonder if new fluids is making trans go haywire. Pay attention next time you take off, give it a light foot and listen to see if it’s shifting too soon and making motor lug. Mine did it bad when pulling trailer