• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P059F, P05A7, U0284 engine codes

Gopher3

Oct 29, 2018
Truck Year
Engine light came on with these codes. where can I find what they are? I have a 2014 ecodiesel with 46000 miles. thanks

John

Nov 13, 2015
I saw these codes before on another forum and it was caused by issues with the active shutter operation.

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
Kind of ironic I just found U0284 on my 2015 Ecodiesel today
Was warmer this AM but temp dropped and wet snow covered the front end of my truck.
Nothing in stored messages just the solid cel.

I’ve never been successful getting my cheap elm327 to connect to the truck

Thank you
Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
I reset it today but it came back on next start up. Appointment at dealer Wednesday

Red

Gopher3

Oct 29, 2018
Truck Year
I reset codes and been driving the truck for over a week now and so far no more codes.

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
Good to hear.

I’ve diagnosed my Active Shutters are not cycling properly. A new ACS assembly list for $400 I can buy for $305, as dealer says they don’t offer the actuator separately though I found it online for 220$
Broke down and bought a used one off the bay but don’t know when I’ll receive it
Good luck

Red

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
My U0284 appears to have gone away on its own despite the shutters being removed from the truck with the actuator only being bolted to the core support plugged in to the harness