• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P24AE??

LilDzl

Oct 17, 2020
Truck Year
So I've had a P24AE check engine light on for a while now. I'm in a crunch time to get it fixed now, since i have to smog the truck this month (California). The code states Diesel Particulate Matter sensor, so I went ahead and ordered a new sensor.
I pulled what i thought was the particulate matter sensor, when i went to install the new one, i noticed the sensors were not the same. Original sensor from truck has a 6 wire where new one is 5. The new sensor doesn't align to the bracket either. After searching i believe i pulled the rear knock sensor? Sensor was post DPF passenger side with the sensor sitting on top side of rail with 2 10mm bolts.
Firs 2 pics Top is old sensor, 3rd pic Top 4pin is new sensor.
1679948111259.png1679948170149.png1679948219101.png

Jdperezsr

Apr 2, 2023
Truck Year
So I've had a P24AE check engine light on for a while now. I'm in a crunch time to get it fixed now, since i have to smog the truck this month (California). The code states Diesel Particulate Matter sensor, so I went ahead and ordered a new sensor.
I pulled what i thought was the particulate matter sensor, when i went to install the new one, i noticed the sensors were not the same. Original sensor from truck has a 6 wire where new one is 5. The new sensor doesn't align to the bracket either. After searching i believe i pulled the rear knock sensor? Sensor was post DPF passenger side with the sensor sitting on top side of rail with 2 10mm bolts.
View attachment 3968View attachment 3969View attachment 3970
View attachment 3968View attachment 3969View attachment 3970
use this YouTube video. It fixed my issue of the P24AE issue and it was super easy to do. Took me a couple of hours and was well worth it.

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
I had that same error code on my 2016. Took it to a dealer and they replaced the sensor free of charge for me on warranty which was surprising. I guess the exhaust system has a extended warranty (likely because of the class action lawsuit). Saved me a lot of time and hassle.

LilDzl

Oct 17, 2020
Truck Year
Cleaned the egr tube and map sensor, wasn't too bad. Last my truck was at the dealer, they said it was not covered under warranty? :unsure:

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
Cleaned the egr tube and map sensor, wasn't too bad. Last my truck was at the dealer, they said it was not covered under warranty? :unsure:
Hmmnn, maybe you were above the mileage or maybe your dealer didn't want the hassle or didn't know. I'd press them on it.