• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PSA: EGR Delete

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Howdy!

I just wanted to share a portion of my delete experience, in the event someone runs into this issue.

I broke two bolts off, at the head, while trying to remove the rear EGR tube...I called the manufacturer of my delete kit and they informed me it happens regularly. They also informed me that opening is under roughly 31 PSI of pressure.

My solution? JB Weld Extreme Temp. It’s been about a month and I’ve had zero issues. As this stuff is rated for a tensile strength of 800 PSI, I figured it was a more viable solution than dropping at least $500 to have a shop fix it. Don’t get me wrong, I will remove the EGR the right way at some point but hell, it’s holding strong.

Attachments

• A5BD8921-7F71-4C6D-9B22-C57705D9F88A.jpeg
    A5BD8921-7F71-4C6D-9B22-C57705D9F88A.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Innovative that's for sure, Your clock is ticking you are only going to get so many heat soaks out of JB before it lets go, JB sure is some amazing stuff.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Is the EGR flange threaded? If I broke the last bolt, would the thing just come off?