• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram Eco Diesel 4x4 Engine Exhaust Filter Full

sjirucha

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
Hi I have a Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Big Horn 4x4 purchased in April of 2016. First 2 years I have few problems. Early in 3d year I got the message Engine Exhaust Filter Full. First it says 80% and the check engine light comes on. It recommends driving at highway speeds to remedy. Then it goes to 90%. Then it goes to 100%. When it hits 100%, it stops telling you to drive at highway speeds and instead tells you to go to the dealer. Then there is a message Throttle Body Failure and the level of engine power drops way down. I had this happen about 8 months ago. Took it to the dealer and they did extensive warranty repairs and gave it back. I drove about 8 months (10,000 miles) and now it is happening again. I notice that this sequence seems to be set off by the prompt to change engine oil. I got that message 5 days ago. Then the check engine light the next day, then the Exhaust Filter Full, etc etc.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The engine won't regen once there is another code set.

Change your oil, clean your EGR diffuser tube, clean the MAP sensor then go for a highway ride.

Consider an engine tune from Greendieselengineering.com to stop it from happening again.

Consider changing your oil when the oil monitor says 10% oil life remaining

John

Nov 13, 2015
Once you see the 100% full message you will have to force a regen at the dealer or with other software like the AlphOBD. It's too late to remedy on a highway ride.