• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recreational or flat towing behind motorhome

EDW

Nov 23, 2020
Truck Year
Is anyone towing their Ecodiesel behind a motorhome with all four tires on the ground? We bought a 2014 Laramie Longhorn in December and finally had all the tow equipment installed and took it out for a test run behind the motorhome yesterday. The truck towed fine but after I disconnected from the motorhome the truck would not start. I removed the positive battery connection for 10 minutes and then the truck started up fine but the check engine light was on. Today the light was off but the code in memory was U0121, Lost Communication with ABS module. I hope I do not have to disconnect the battery every time I disconnect from the motorhome.

What are your experiences with flat towing? Thank you

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would disconnect the Battery before towing anyways, with doors unlocked, if you have air ride that need to be set at transport mode.

If disconnecting in Your opinion is to much hassle buy and install disconnect ground switch.

EDW

Nov 23, 2020
Truck Year
Per the owners manual, Transport Mode is for flat bed towing and puts the truck in Entry/Exit height which is two inches below normal ride height.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The problem is the Truck will self-level, when in tow with battery connected, Even when you place the truck in Exist/Entry or any mode except transport. No thanks I leave My Air ride on its internal rubber stops when in tow.

You are welcome to tow how you like...... W/WO Battery connected and in whatever Mode You prefer.

I don't even Know if there's a Tow mode Air for 4x4 and its only a Note in the Manual, NOT a Warning, or Caution? I know it says to leave in Normal Ride Height, I watched Mine bounce all over the place in Normal mode.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Is anyone towing their Ecodiesel behind a motorhome with all four tires on the ground? We bought a 2014 Laramie Longhorn in December and finally had all the tow equipment installed and took it out for a test run behind the motorhome yesterday. The truck towed fine but after I disconnected from the motorhome the truck would not start. I removed the positive battery connection for 10 minutes and then the truck started up fine but the check engine light was on. Today the light was off but the code in memory was U0121, Lost Communication with ABS module. I hope I do not have to disconnect the battery every time I disconnect from the motorhome.

What are your experiences with flat towing? Thank you
Yes I have 4 wheel down flat towed my 2017 for 3 years never had one issue. Your battery is going dead because your brake controller, have it looked at, as for transport mode being lower?, how does it get lower?, it's in park withe the ignition off, I have towed 4 vehicles the Ram is by far the best