• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regen information

Steelrain6

Nov 28, 2020
Truck Year
I have noticed videos and pictures all over of Ecodiesels showing on the information area of the dash cluster. Of the truck doing a regeneration cycle and showing the percentage decreasing as they drove. Do all the EcoDiesels do this?for it seems my 2015 Bighorn doesn't. Surely it has done a regeneration cycle since I got it mileage was 27000ish. Now its a year later and at 85000 miles.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
It won’t display a message until you hit 80% full from stop and go driving. The truck does active regens while on the highway so it’s out of sight out of mind. Some tunes though will allow a regen message to pop up.

Steelrain6

Nov 28, 2020
Truck Year
That is good to know. I have recently got the AlfaOBD. And have found I can do a forced Regen with it. May have to play around with the app and see if I can trigger that message

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I highly recommend a stand alone gauge such as EDGE CTS 2 or 3, or SCANGAUGE2 that can be set to watch regen info, SCANGAUGE is about $150.00 whereas the EDGE will be about 400, the EDGE is easier to setup since the SCANGAUGE must have some basic coding done by the user for some PID's.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I have a scangauge 2 with xX gauge technology & the programming that has been modified, every PID available at the time was put in, I don't use it because I prefer the Edge CTS 3, I might consider selling it. If you should happen to decide on the scangauge, make sure you get the one with X GAUGE TECHNOLOGY. The additional PID's are user added with 4 or 5 lines of coding, all standard OBD 2 stuff.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a scangauge 2 with xX gauge technology & the programming that has been modified, every PID available at the time was put in, I don't use it because I prefer the Edge CTS 3, I might consider selling it. If you should happen to decide on the scangauge, make sure you get the one with X GAUGE TECHNOLOGY. The additional PID's are user added with 4 or 5 lines of coding, all standard OBD 2 stuff.
does your edge 3 force a re gen?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
does your edge 3 force a re gen?
Unfortunately, no, unless I'm missing something, maybe the DPF needs to be 80% or more I've read that the EDGE CTS 2 allows a forced regen & assumed the 3 would also since it's a newer model/upgrade, I guess it's one of those "schtuff" happens situations! I pack ALFAOBD with me so I should be ok, also since tuning & switching over to distilled water my regens are down to about one every 600 or 700 miles. I also believe that if you drive on the highway fairly often you'll never see an 80% full message, that's exactly why I monitor things, & it's a "shame on you" to RAM for not incorporating a soot mass/regen screen, I think it would save some headaches.