• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regen light on

Kelly O'Laughlin

Dec 17, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Eco diesel with 130,000 miles .....the check engine is on I have brought for service and was told its the Regen code , garage wasn't a Dealer but a diesel mechanic. He doesn't know what to do , does the Regen system have a life and does it need to be replaced ? If yes what parts and sensors (if there are any) should be replaced . Is this related to poor mileage ? poor acceleration? Can I do the work myself? I have read many articles and forums on the Eco Diesel , I bought initially thinking I could drive it for many more years than a conventional gas engine, now I have my doubts . The truck is high maintenance and expensive to repair , from the experts ......should I hang in with it

Kelly O'Laughlin

Dec 17, 2020
Truck Year
Im not sure, relaying what the garage told me , I did call to ask him with no reply . first time to this garage and last time

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If you can get ahold of a code reader, that will better direct you to a solution. Modern vehicles are a lot more sophisticated than before and normally the code will pinpoint you to the correct fix. You can replace the entire emissions system for around 5-8k $ but if it’s just the def injector clogged the code should tell you.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Advanced auto parts, auto zone, and napa to name a few have one you can stop in and use!