• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regeneration

kcfrench

Dec 15, 2022
Truck Year
I purchased my truck in late October and I’ve put about two tank falls of fuel into it. On November 30th the exhaust system went through the regeneration cycle and yesterday, December 14th, it did it again. Both times I put it on the highway and ran it at highway speeds until it finished the cycle. Is this common or should I be concerned? I purchased it with 75,000 miles on it. I do not have its life’s maintenance schedule.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

bnevins1

Mar 22, 2022
Truck Year
I've owned my 2015 for almost four years. If I drive a lot in the city, mine will go through regeneration about every other tank. If I'm on the highway or towing anything it may be five or six tanks before it goes through the regeneration process. As long as you take your truck through the process, you should be fine.

mharvan

Apr 17, 2022
Truck Year
I purchased my truck in 2018 and up until this year when I installed a Banks i-dash gauge I did not know when my truck went through a regen cycle. Since then I've noticed it goes through a regen cycle quite often. With COVID since 2020 my office has gone to 100% telework and so I no longer need to to commute the 10 miles to work, so it's a lot of short trips. What I've noticed in warmer months it will regen every 50- 90 miles for in town driving and this will extend out to 100 to 200+ miles if it's highway miles. Now with the colder weather it is typically going 100-150 miles between cycles for in town and 200- 400 miles if on a long trip. I can't explain this but it my guess is the colder and denser air of the winter provides more oxygen for better combustion, but I don't really know.

kcfrench

Dec 15, 2022
Truck Year
I purchased my truck in 2018 and up until this year when I installed a Banks i-dash gauge I did not know when my truck went through a regen cycle. Since then I've noticed it goes through a regen cycle quite often. With COVID since 2020 my office has gone to 100% telework and so I no longer need to to commute the 10 miles to work, so it's a lot of short trips. What I've noticed in warmer months it will regen every 50- 90 miles for in town driving and this will extend out to 100 to 200+ miles if it's highway miles. Now with the colder weather it is typically going 100-150 miles between cycles for in town and 200- 400 miles if on a long trip. I can't explain this but it my guess is the colder and denser air of the winter provides more oxygen for better combustion, but I don't really know.
Thank you for the information.

kcfrench

Dec 15, 2022
Truck Year
Does anyone know if your exhaust filter needs to be cleaned out by a diesel mechanic shop and how often. Is this something that a lead person can do or does it need special tools?

mharvan

Apr 17, 2022
Truck Year
Does anyone know if your exhaust filter needs to be cleaned out by a diesel mechanic shop and how often. Is this something that a lead person can do or does it need special tools?
Only if your truck is malfunctioning. When does happen which seems to be uncommon,What I have read seems to be coolant into the exhaust stream is a major cause of gumming up the dpf.