• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reluctor wheel diagnostic

Hlb7194

Mar 27, 2021
Truck Year
Hey. Have a 2015 1500. 135k miles. Deleted and stage 2 sft tune. Was accelerating and truck died. Cranks but no start. No code shown when using torque. I'm wondering if there is a way to diagnose if it is the reluctor wheel at home without actually pulling trans out or taking it to a dealer. I was looking into alfa obd but haven't seen anything that says it can do something like this. Thanks

ironhead

May 15, 2019
Truck Year
the tech at the dealer told me he could put a camera in the inspection hole and see if there are pieces missing on the tone wheel. I don't know if this is true it looks to be tight and i don't know if you can see around the flywheel.it may be worth a try if you have access to a camera. also i did get a crankshaft position sensor code but i had the w58 recall done three days before it failed.