• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service DEF System Engine will not restart in 200 miles See Dealer

ggamester

Sep 26, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.0 EcoDiesel. hope you don’t mind me posting here. I have the AEM recall warranty (x78) in place with FCA, still several years and 30K left remaining on that warranty. My vehicle’s software has been fully patched and completely serviced by my dealer so far. But my dealer is telling me now, in order to move forward with the “Service DEF System Engine Won’t Restart See Dealer” message, first the dealer has to replace my corroded PDconnector. Additional parts required for that repair include a new wiring harness and fuel tubes. All-in, $2k parts + $1K labor = 3K total for the repair. ALL COSTS are not covered by AEM warranty. Does this analysis make sense for a next steps approach to dealing with that DEF message? I only have 93 miles left until I will not be able to restart my vehicle. Love my vehicle, hate some of the maintenance situations that seem to come along with ownership of this engine.

GeorgeJr

Jul 14, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.0 EcoDiesel. hope you don’t mind me posting here. I have the AEM recall warranty (x78) in place with FCA, still several years and 30K left remaining on that warranty. My vehicle’s software has been fully patched and completely serviced by my dealer so far. But my dealer is telling me now, in order to move forward with the “Service DEF System Engine Won’t Restart See Dealer” message, first the dealer has to replace my corroded PDconnector. Additional parts required for that repair include a new wiring harness and fuel tubes. All-in, $2k parts + $1K labor = 3K total for the repair. ALL COSTS are not covered by AEM warranty. Does this analysis make sense for a next steps approach to dealing with that DEF message? I only have 93 miles left until I will not be able to restart my vehicle. Love my vehicle, hate some of the maintenance situations that seem to come along with ownership of this engine.
Find a different dealer, load the jeep on a trailer and take to them. I have a 2014. eco ram. my 3 local dealer are over price jokes, I have lost three complete exhaust system to to dealer sabataze
I go 60 miles west for a good small dealer that is great