• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SFT post AEM tune and Cruise Control

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Another member asked me why?
His truck is SFT tuned, so before getting the AEM recall he returned his tune to stock. After completing the recall he reinstalled his SFT Stage 1 tune. To test that the tune was in place he, like any tuned owner would do, checked to see if he could engage cruise control at 15+mph. To his surprise, it would not engage cruise control. He contacted SFT was told that SFT tunes have never engaged cruise control under 25mph. WHAT??? Two years ago Jimmy himself wrote me, "GDE claims it took their “engineers weeks of research to come up with min cruise control speeds, etc. SFT has an ECU definition file, press CTRL+F then you find it instantly.". So what has changed?

My 2016 Eco has the AEM recall completed and has post AEM ECU & TCU tunes. Until now I've had no reason to test the cruise control engagement. I tested it today. The lowest speed it would engage cruise control was 19mph. I know for a fact that prior to AEM recall it would engage cruise control at 15+mph. That's how I would test that the tune was installed each time I changed it. So now, I too question why? And, if this SFT change is the way it's going to be, how do we test if the SFT tune is actually installed?

We would appreciate hearing from other SFT tuned Ecodiesel owners about your status or views on engaging cruise control.

Note:
The above has also been sent to SFT

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
I know when I installed sft Originally l could notice a difference in turbo lag/throttle response/off the line power. Removed and back to factory and noticed difference. Then reinstalled sft a couple days later and noticed it back the the improved performance. Im about due for an oil change post sft and gonna inspect eqr to see if still clean from pre sft cleaning. That should verify the toon shuts down eqr

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I know when I installed sft Originally l could notice a difference in turbo lag/throttle response/off the line power. Removed and back to factory and noticed difference. Then reinstalled sft a couple days later and noticed it back the the improved performance. Im about due for an oil change post sft and gonna inspect eqr to see if still clean from pre sft cleaning. That should verify the toon shuts down eqr
I monitor the EGR position on my edge CST3. It's always "0" or off. A few times it will show "1" when I start up but quickly goes to 0. I'm more than satisfied that the SFT tune shuts the EGR off.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Yah I haven’t convinced myself to buy a monitor yet but been thinking about it for awhile. Don’t know if necessity or probably just a luxury

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yah I haven’t convinced myself to buy a monitor yet but been thinking about it for awhile. Don’t know if necessity or probably just a luxury
Being tuned I find it necessary to monitor the exhaust gas temps (EGT1). The luxury is monitoring active regens (on or off), % soot, passive regens (EGT3), EGR position, battery voltage, and other items that are merely interesting such as trip miles, MAP psi, VGT position, etc.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Can’t remember hearing or reading on here but will the Scangauge II monitor what I need

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Really like the CST2's ability to "schedule" a mobile regeneration. It is very convenient while monitoring soot levels.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Really like the CST2's ability to "schedule" a mobile regeneration. It is very convenient while monitoring soot levels.
That's what I miss about the CTS2. They dropped that feature on the CTS3