• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I add another oil cooler after EGR delete?

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
I got my truck back from dodge after their latest recalls were done wiping my GDE tune and now I have a P245B code and the truck won’t regen I’m going to delete the truck and I hear that the EGT and oil temp will jump up is there a secondary oil cooler I can install? I was told by the company I’m getting my tune from that their EGR kit will be made to attach to another oil cooler but it’s still in development any one know of a good way to add additional cooling to make up for the loss of the EGR cooler?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The P245B will come and go, I'm at loss on how the EGR is related to cooling LUBE, the EGR cools the exhaust gases.

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
The P245B will come and go, I'm at loss on how the EGR is related to cooling LUBE, the EGR cools the exhaust gases.
It’s just hear tell some people have no issues some people say when they are pulling a trailer the temp get a little toasty after deleting the truck I’m just wanting to know if that’s true and is so should I add an after market oil cooler or what because I do have to use my gooseneck from time to time but my main trailer is only 1200 pounds and I haul a car or two with it

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmm, Benj8...My guess is you will need more truck for that car Hauler. Yes 1/2 tons work and you need to be darn careful. Flat lands at 55/60 MPH probably OK. Out in the Rockies and speeds above 65MPH just to risky.

We hit some 50-60 MPH (Aug 3) winds in Livingston MT, that were not expected, and the ditch claimed some on side Pickups blown over.