• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sofa King Tuned

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Green Diesel Engineering replies to customer needs during business hours, after hours and on weekends. We can teamviewer in if needed as well. Customer service is important to GDE and we strive to have 100% satisfaction. Give us a call. 248-977-9531 or email at [email protected]
I have called GDE and no one answered the phone, so I left a voice massage. About a hour later someone return my call and answered all of my question. On one occasion I e-mailed GED, someone respond back to my e-mail. FOR ME their is no other tune out their to consider. You can't beat good customer service.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
I have called GDE and no one answered the phone, so I left a voice massage. About a hour later someone return my call and answered all of my question. On one occasion I e-mailed GED, someone respond back to my e-mail. FOR ME their is no other tune out their to consider. You can't beat good customer service.
"GED" love it

SRAMBO

Sep 25, 2019
Truck Year
GDE recently let me down on an issue which wasn't anything major but I felt like they have cut back on their customer satisfaction skills pretty heavy since I first purchased their tune back in November 2016. My recent dealing with them just over a month ago I was due to complying with the new update for second gen Ram EcoDiesel. Prior to getting the update done I contacted them and ask to verify if I purchased the update if I could get a new ECM because my existing one still looked brand new and I didn't want any problems. I was told I just needed to know that in comments when I ordered. I did this and once I filled out all of their newly required information and send them a copy of my registration I received the ECM pretty quick. I was not happy to find the ECM I received look like it came out of a Northern Truck because there was corrosion and discoloration to the front and back of the unit. When I called GDE I received their voicemail I left a message. I also emailed them about this. Following day I received a reply back to the email stating they did not have any new ECM units and that's the unit I'm getting. I asked if I could use the ECM they sent and mail mind back to have it flashed and then just send their first one back to get my core charge. Their reply was certainly they will do that for another $100 charge. After a couple of emails I said I wanted to talk over the phone and I called again and received a voicemail I left another message. By midday I received the call and I was told the same thing verbally that they send out what I really have available and it didn't matter that somebody said I could have a new one, if I wanted my new looking one flash they were going to charge at least $100 for it. The demeanor and their voice did not come across as sympathetic or understandable at all and my choices were to send back the one they sent me and not get the tune or I was told that I should just keep my clean one and if I ever need to swap it back out I would have it. At a cost of $650 to me. That wasn't happening. In the end I chose to use the one with corrosion and send my nice one back for the core charge. This is superficial but I upkeep my truck nicely and I don't like being told something and then it not be delivered as promised. The unit they sent out is working fine and it's far enough back on the firewall I hope no one at the dealership notices it's out of place look on my clean engine bay.

Attachments

• 20190907_150853.jpg
    20190907_150853.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 18

SRAMBO

Sep 25, 2019
Truck Year
Aside from that rant, I have been using the GDE tune in my truck since it had 500 miles on on the odometer. No problems to speak of other than a seldom hard to downshift would occur. I installed a 4in lift and 35 inch tires. My fuel mileage all around typically ran between 24 and 26 miles per gallon. Once I put the tires and lift on that went down to 20 to 23 miles a gallon. Mostly showing 21.5 on the computer. The recent required update from the Ram dealer really did a number on my mileage and driveability. From the two tanks of diesel I ran through before putting the GDE back in, I was averaging 17 mpg. I also experience once or twice the extreme lag that many others are complaining about with the new tune. Mainly at a rolling start and needing power quickly you're not going to receive anyting for several seconds.
Now that the GDE is installed the milage has came back up to 19 to 20 average all around. I suspect the new tune configuration for the transmission is still holding back some of my mileage that I was getting. I contacted sft and questioned how well it works with the gde but I haven't been sold on whether it would be 400.00 beneficial for both driveability and milage.
I am also using a pedal chip X which is great. I run it on the 3rd setting and get both a great response time when touching the accelerator and best for fuel economy.

SRAMBO

Sep 25, 2019
Truck Year
Oh I forgot to mention, GDE told me they have not made any changes to their hot tune in 2 ¹/2 years. Is this Good or bad? IDK

John

Nov 13, 2015
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the cosmetics. It's what's inside that counts. I do agree they should not have said they would be sending a new one.