• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Spun bearing

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
Back in October 2021 my son started my 2017 Ram Laramie 4X4 and it started grinding. It had 113k miles on it. Just out of the 100k warranty. Spun bearing. I asked the dealer to talk to their Ram Service Rep to see what they could do. I did the oil changes on it myself. They asked for my service records and I provided all my oil and filter purchase receipts and they covered a new engine for a $1500 deductible. I got lucky. I asked my service adviser at the dealership if there was a warranty. He said no that I'd have to purchase another one. I got the truck back just before Christmas with a new engine. Now with 124k miles it spun another bearing this morning. I was about a mile from home and it started grinding. Here is some interesting info. I had used Rotella every oil change up until 110k miles. At 110k I switched to Amsoil Signature series. So It spun on Amsoil. Not sure if that means anything. My 1st oil change on this new motor was about a month ago and I switched over to Amsoil and it happened again in less than 4k miles on Amsoil. Coincidence or bad luck? I have spoken to a couple mechanic friends of mine and they said it is highly unlikely that the Amsoil caused it. They both think it's more likely to be a machining issue on building the engine. What do you guys think?

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
A little more info. The DTC is P225D. Exhaust Leak or nox sensors??? I started it up and it ran fine. May not be a spun bearing after all. Although it sure sounded like that this morning as when it had the spun bearing. When I turned it off it sounded like when a motorcycle shuts off. Possibly a leak? If it is an issue with the after treatment system can I still drive it?

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
It is definitely not a spun bearing this time. It has something to do with the exhaust. I took it for a drive and I can hear the turbo blowing air as is pick up speed then goes down as I take my foot off the accelerator. I'm guessing a hose/pipe came undone.

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
The Nox sensor blew off. When they put in the new engine they didn't tighten it down enough. It blew off in 12k miles.