• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Still going!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
So what is the exact name of the tuner and what state do you live in? Unfortunately I’m in Southern California and can’t get certain tuners. 🤯
I'm also in SoCal, San Diego area. We cannot get the GDE tunes in Califunny, CARB hasn't approved them. Your only options are SFT and MRT. I've used GDE before the ban, SFT and MRT. I've posted about SFT's dishonesty. That leaves MRT (via EOC) that I am now using, both their ECU and TCU tunes. Very satisfied.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
I'm also in SoCal, San Diego area. We cannot get the GDE tunes in Califunny, CARB hasn't approved them. Your only options are SFT and MRT. I've used GDE before the ban, SFT and MRT. I've posted about SFT's dishonesty. That leaves MRT (via EOC) that I am now using, both their ECU and TCU tunes. Very satisfied.
SFT and MRT have CARB approval to legally sell in California?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
SFT and MRT have CARB approval to legally sell in California?
NO! No tune has CARB approval. SFT and MRT have yet to be attacked by EPA or CARB so they are still in business to sell wherever they want

Zgrove8

Feb 21, 2023
Truck Year
Unfortunately no. I believe it is just a bad engine design causing the dirty motor.
Oh.., I just was on the phone today with green diesel engineering (GDE) and they said I would see a difference in my soot levels and regene cycles. just an FYI I’m running a GEN3 eco-diesel.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Oh.., I just was on the phone today with green diesel engineering (GDE) and they said I would see a difference in my soot levels and regene cycles. just an FYI I’m running a GEN3 eco-diesel.
Mine is an '18. I honestly cannot tell a difference. I wish I could tell you different. Did you ever have a vacuum leak code populate when you installed the tune. I did for about 10k miles. GDE guy left me hanging with no answer. I never had any codes before, but I guess the ecm was having trouble with the new software. It finally stopped coming on.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
@Freedom319 Congratulations on that, I'm only @93000 in my 2016. Only major issue is that that I recently had to replace my intake manifold. Are you running a tune?
I’m still running stock, just recently, I got the electronic throttle control code and it went into limp mode. I knew my battery was getting low because the crank was slower than normal and it took longer for the NAV and satellite to boot up. I knew the battery was one of the issues that caused it so I went to AutoZone, swapped the battery and had them clear the codes and that fixed the issue. I am not running a tune nor have I deleted the truck. I still have an unlimited mileage warranty for another year and half and they won’t honor it if I make any changes…I will tell you the key is to make sure MOST of your driving is highway and not putting around town. I don’t do what I used to so I don’t drive the truck as much and it is constantly displaying regen needed. Personally, I think the engine is great, it’s just all the “government “ components that hat kill it. As long as it’s driven long term and gets heated up you shouldn’t have any issues.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I cannot agree more. Long trips allow for the engine to heat up well and go through the appropriate cycles. From reading the forms it seems like most of the guys are either unfamiliar with diesel engines, live in the city where it rarely gets to heat up and stretch it's legs, they treat it like a Cummins and over work it, or hit the gas like a drag car on the strip. I truly feel theses make up the majority of the negative aspects circling around the ED fourms. Although it does have a couple downfalls with the emissions and fuel system. I am sitting at 93k with zero issues other than the recalls and proper services. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Oh and change the oil at 5k max, not 10. Just my two cents.