• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Cheap EGR Delete kits on EBay

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
Anyone on here use them? Looking at doing a full delete on the 2015 Eco...

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Used one to delete egr tube. Never got around to using the rest of the kit yet lol works fine for that aspect of it but I haven’t found time to completely remove the egr.

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
Do you just plug a coolant hose and put a blank plate on the motor???

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Stage 1 egr delete is the removal of the diffuser tube( from egr to intake)

stage 2 is physically removing egr, installing block off plates on intake and exhaust, and installing a coupling in the coolant hose to complete the loop that used to go through the egr.

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
Stage 1 egr delete is the removal of the diffuser tube( from egr to intake)

stage 2 is physically removing egr, installing block off plates on intake and exhaust, and installing a coupling in the coolant hose to complete the loop that used to go through the egr.
Ok thanks for clarifying, I thought stage one was done only through the tuner, yeah I’ll probably go your route until I get more time to fully delete...

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
So, to remove any part of the egr, you’ll need a tune. There’s two stages of tuning, stage 1 turns off the egr and allows for its removal, a stage 2 tune requires full exhaust removal and turns off the egr and allows for its removal and is considered “off road only”

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
So, to remove any part of the egr, you’ll need a tune. There’s two stages of tuning, stage 1 turns off the egr and allows for its removal, a stage 2 tune requires full exhaust removal and turns off the egr and allows for its removal and is considered “off road only”
In the process of ordering SFT Tuner... Looks like the $649 deal is the way to go... I’ll do like you described and only remove the diffuser tube...

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
FYI, I chose to buy both stage 1 and 2 tunes. Once you have them, and don’t conform to recall flashes at the dealer, they’re good forever. Thinking was, run stage one till I had dpf, scr problems, once those occurred I switched to stage 2.

drake01

Feb 28, 2021
Truck Year
FYI, I chose to buy both stage 1 and 2 tunes. Once you have them, and don’t conform to recall flashes at the dealer, they’re good forever. Thinking was, run stage one till I had dpf, scr problems, once those occurred I switched to stage 2.
Which Tuner?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I went with SKT but that was who offered the touch screen tuner at the time so I could easily store and switch tunes as needed