• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thermostat location and is it the 3 way valve

Sdwyer

Oct 23, 2019
Truck Year
I just purchased my first Ram 2015 Ecodiesel 68000 miles. I have had it less the 90 days and I got the red bolt and the temp gauge message shows that the engine is hot and I think the thermostat is stuck open. The truck isn’t overheating but it put it in limp mode . I can’t tow with it running like a POS. I just need to know where the thermostat is located ? Is it also the 3 way valve?

John

Nov 13, 2015

T-tat on front of engine

Attachments

• 91YXZ5J1VsL._SX466_.jpg
    91YXZ5J1VsL._SX466_.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 30

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group you have 2 check the water in these trucks every few days

Sdwyer

Oct 23, 2019
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group you have 2 check the water in these trucks every few days
6909E019-AA0E-4DD0-874F-E5CC1EEB0E7A.jpeg6F263A6B-DA60-498C-BC59-0DCD763554BE.jpegIt wasn’t the thermostat. I don’t have a clue to what it may be. I don’t have any spare time to run it to the dealership because I travel for work alll over the west coast. I’m thinking that it may not be getting enough oxygen/ or it may be getting to much oxygen. I’m going to clean the map sensor today and replace the air filter.
Well it wasn’t the thermostat. I’m think it is either getting to much or not enough oxygen. So my game plan is to clean the map sensor and change the air filter. See if that does it. Thank you all for the help

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't understand your gauge summary said temp ---- then in the next Pic it said engine temp hot>??
I would say it is in limp mode from service electronic throttle code

Sdwyer

Oct 23, 2019
Truck Year
I’m not real good at explaining issues unless I am talking face to face. I posted 3 pictures the first one shows coolant and no temperature reading just 3 dashes. When I start the truck it runs fine for about 1 - 5 miles. I watch the temp gauge for the coolant and when it gets around 140 degrees it throws up the engine running hot and service electronic throttle control. I am really really sorry for the jacked up post I’m doing it between client vendors showing up and working.

Sdwyer

Oct 23, 2019
Truck Year
I ran down to auto zone aNd had them check it . The only code that came up was the coolant temperature sensor. So I bought one looks ez enough to replace. I’ll post an update either way. Thank you

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I ran down to auto zone aNd had them check it . The only code that came up was the coolant temperature sensor. So I bought one looks ez enough to replace. I’ll post an update either way. Thank you
I got the opposite "coolant temp below thermostat control temp" first changed the water temp sending unit/sensor, to confirm initial reading. Same reading. Replaced Thermostat, which are side by side each other by the way, and no more codes. Your red lightening bolt is the Service Electronic Throttle System indicator, it normally shuts everything into limp home mode, which creates a cascading set of issues. Watch that coolant level.

Sdwyer

Oct 23, 2019
Truck Year
Well good news so far it’s been a few weeks and no issues. Truck runs great