• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Things to check for better MPG

DaveS

Jan 14, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey all, sorry if this has already been asked, I looked some and didnt see it. Anyways got my 2014 eco about 3 years ago. (First time owning a diesel) anyways always averaged around 24mpg, then after first update it dropped to 19 or so, then second update it dropped to around 18. Same as my brothers hemi... and had lost all power.. started looking into things and seen on here about tunes. Got the SKT and as promised I got my power back and my mpg increased to 23mpg. Happy with the increase, but I see on here everyone with a tune seems to be getting 24 to 27 or better? Everything else with truck is factory. Cleaned my EGR when I did the tune, what else should I check or clean to try and improve my mpg? Also did oil change and fuel and air filter. Thanks in advance.
Fuel filter. Esp if you live where there's a solid cold winter, wax buildup in fuel filter/separator will cut economy, and worse, if it reduces flow to cp4 hpfp, can be a setup for fi problems. I change my fuel filter EVERY spring b/c I do see some gain back with the change and we're <30F most of the winter. Regular maitenance is a big part of keeping an EcoD reliable...