• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throttle hesitation

cajerney

Jan 7, 2020
Truck Year
What is the cause of the throttle hesitation from a stop? My 2015 eco diesel has had it forever. Since the exhaust recall was done the hesitation is worse. I have not done any changes to the original software.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
What is the cause of the throttle hesitation from a stop? My 2015 eco diesel has had it forever. Since the exhaust recall was done the hesitation is worse. I have not done any changes to the original software.
It’s just a product of the AEM. If I read correctly, it’s a 2.8 second delay. I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable folks will chime in.

cajerney

Jan 7, 2020
Truck Year
It’s just a product of the AEM. If I read correctly, it’s a 2.8 second delay. I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable folks will chime in.
Exactly correct. It is a bit unnerving pulling into traffic not knowing i.d the vehicle will go.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have read on other forums as well as this one that FCA programmed up to a 4 second delay of the turbo on cold run to "protect the engine" damn near killed me in traffic, there is a 2.8 second delay in turbo on warm run, not sure why. My question is why have a variable vane turbo, which by design can be more responsive, to only program delay into the boost to emulate a static vane turbo? Since all but STK tuners have been shut down the quick easy fix for the throttle (turbo) delay is the fly by wire booster.
Good Luck.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have no dangerous hesitation with the AEM.
My wife's Jeep GC eco had delay but not as bad as my RAM. My truck would only make enough power to slow roll, when light changed I was still in intersection. When delay stopped the engine hit redline, wheels spinning, let off throttle to control, back into the throttle to the same delay. My wife told me after driving my truck she would have driven straight to the dealer and traded. We received the notification today of an improved AEM program to correct the delay. Will not be partaking of the new program, would over write our fixes.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
My wife's Jeep GC eco had delay but not as bad as my RAM. My truck would only make enough power to slow roll, when light changed I was still in intersection. When delay stopped the engine hit redline, wheels spinning, let off throttle to control, back into the throttle to the same delay. My wife told me after driving my truck she would have driven straight to the dealer and traded. We received the notification today of an improved AEM program to correct the delay. Will not be partaking of the new program, would over write our fixes.

Dude, that delay was no joke. I once pulled out onto a busy intersection and saw my life flash before my eyes lol.

Operations

Jan 16, 2020
Truck Year
I hate the turbo lag my truck has. I plan on doing an EGR, DPF & SCR delete. Also an H&S compound turbo with the pedal commander. I’m looking at around 350hp and much better take off

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I hate the turbo lag my truck has. I plan on doing an EGR, DPF & SCR delete. Also an H&S compound turbo with the pedal commander. I’m looking at around 350hp and much better take off

Good luck with the delete man. I wouldn’t do it again, if someone paid me. Once it’s done, however, it’s a completely different truck!

Operations

Jan 16, 2020
Truck Year
Good luck with the delete man. I wouldn’t do it again, if someone paid me. Once it’s done, however, it’s a completely different truck!
All the research I’ve done looks like it’ll be a task. The end result seems well worth it though.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Absolutely it is. I’d recommend leaving the rear EGR riser tube in place. I paid quite a bit to have broken bolts extracted when I could’ve just blocked the damn thing off. Reach out with any questions man.

Operations

Jan 16, 2020
Truck Year
Absolutely it is. I’d recommend leaving the rear EGR riser tube in place. I paid quite a bit to have broken bolts extracted when I could’ve just blocked the damn thing off. Reach out with any questions man.
Thanks