• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

To AEM or Not

Ehogg

Sep 3, 2020
Truck Year
HI, new guy here and I have just purchased a 2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel with 56,000 mikes. The Approved Emissions Modification has not been done. I appear to have two options: have the AEM done and get factory warranty extended for 48,000 miles or 4 years; or skip it and get a GDE tune? Being new to the RAM family and diesels at large, your opinions are welcome. Thanks!

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
Get the AEM and use the money to get the GDE tune. My 15 had a bad experience with the AEM. I resolved it but I'm convinced that it subconsciously pushed me to buy a 2020 Gen 3 rather than wait a couple of years.

Ehogg

Sep 3, 2020
Truck Year
Get the AEM and use the money to get the GDE tune. My 15 had a bad experience with the AEM. I resolved it but I'm convinced that it subconsciously pushed me to buy a 2020 Gen 3 rather than wait a couple of years.
Unfortunately no money coming my way, apparently they do not compensate vehicles sold in Canada. I have having issues with RAM reps, they say the AEM ws done in 2019 by previous owner but when I check online at Mopar.com it says it has not been done. Wrote lengthy email to RAM customer service as I feel at least entitled to the extended warranty if the AEM was preformed.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Being in Canada, you still have great tuning options. Go with HD Diesel or GDE and never look back.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
Unfortunately no money coming my way, apparently they do not compensate vehicles sold in Canada. I have having issues with RAM reps, they say the AEM ws done in 2019 by previous owner but when I check online at Mopar.com it says it has not been done. Wrote lengthy email to RAM customer service as I feel at least entitled to the extended warranty if the AEM was preformed.
No money, no AEM

exit90ab

Sep 15, 2020
Truck Year
I just bought a 2015 Ram eco diesel today. 13,000 miles but out of warranty. What are my options? USA truck

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I just bought a 2015 Ram eco diesel today. 13,000 miles but out of warranty. What are my options? USA truck
First thing is check your VIN for the AEM and then create an account on mopar.com and check for recalls.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
W58 is another flash but this one isn't for emissions. It's a software patch to allow limp mode in case of a reluctor wheel failure.