• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

tranny issue

greatwhiterev

Aug 18, 2022
Truck Year
have 2014ED with 175k. just had a weird shift sequence and threw CEL. I did full delete at 80k on engine stuff with Cory( can't remember company name.....plus EPA has shut him down). He was well known for his delete program with ED. At any rate since my computer module is not factory anymore can someone run the CEL and get started with fixing problem or is this now what we would call a shade tree mechanic problem

Any thoughts or help deeply appreciated as all can tell I'm not a mechanic!!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
have 2014ED with 175k. just had a weird shift sequence and threw CEL. I did full delete at 80k on engine stuff with Cory( can't remember company name.....plus EPA has shut him down). He was well known for his delete program with ED. At any rate since my computer module is not factory anymore can someone run the CEL and get started with fixing problem or is this now what we would call a shade tree mechanic problem

Any thoughts or help deeply appreciated as all can tell I'm not a mechanic!!
OK, I'll bite. You did not designate a code for anyone to start researching. However your statement regarding the now status of "shade tree mechanic" may have some validity. First, your programmer is out of business so cannot provide any support. Any local computer whiz on automobiles can only guess at what or how he reprogrammed your ECM. Second, Good Luck with finding a local programming wizard, if there is one word of mouth is the only way that they will advertise.

The good news. Your transmission is controlled by a Transmission Control Module, which has it's own programming, with some area for "system learn" which is shift points based upon your driving style. So your weird shift may not be ECM related. You will need to learn more about your vehicle systems, purchase a scanner that is capable of reading your transmission module, some of the lower cost scanners do not read the transmission module, or the Anti Lock Brake module etc. For example my wife's JEEP Grand Cherokee w/Ecodiesel threw a message of "unable to attain selected ride height" with no CEL. My regular portable scanner could not find a code, my alfaOBD immediately found a code in the Air Suspension module. I then followed a diagnostic tree to locate points in the system that would create the situation that set the code. (Air Ride Suspension relay)

Good luck.