• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission cooler failure

JimR

Aug 11, 2017
Truck Year
2016 Ram Ecodiesel 1500. Has 74000 miles. Transmission cooler failed internally causing tranny fluid to mix with cooling fluid causing a sour cream like mixture throughout cooling system. FCA customer service denied the claim since the cooler is under the 3 year/36k warranty and not the 5 year/100k. Chrysler said to replace engine,cooler,radiator and transmission to the tune of $18000. My mechanic performed 15 radiator flushes and 7 tranny flushes, a cooling bypass valve, thermostat and housing and a coolant reservoir. The only thing that worked to breakdown the mixture was a cup of Dawn dish soap. Cost around $2000. Ran great after fix but lost my faith in the truck andChrysler service. I had other issues with the emissions filter and the mid-represented mileage. Took the hit, traded it in and now drive a 2017 3.5 Ford F-150 Ecoboost. Couldn’t be happier