• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trouble free until today.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 ecodiesel has been completely trouble free for 63K miles. Today without any warning it shut down on an entrance ramp to a 4 lane highway and would not restart. Triple A sent a roll back for it and we then found we could not get the truck out of park or get the transfer case to emergency neutral. I let the truck operator pull it on with the winch while the parking brake was on also to lessen torque on the transmission. I also have not been able to reset the oil change message since the emissions update and think the ECM may be bad or I have another electrical issue. It's now at the RAM dealer awaiting a check up. I hate when that happens.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its mostly the big harness under the dash.

Its simple procedure to manually place the vehicle in (N) as john posted, The driver of the flatbed was NOT qualified to tow your vehicle, Its also unlikely any damage resulted in dragging it on to the Bed.

ECM/PCM going Bad are equal to a Hurricane in MN. The only way ECM/PCM malfunction is voltage spikes or lockup programing.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you John and TC for the info. I did find the info in my owners manual this morning, I have it in my desk and that didn't help me yesterday. I printed the info and it will go in the glove box. I was also using the wrong procedure to try to reset the oil life, I was using the one for my wife's car. The tow operator even called his boss/owner he came to the site and didn't know the emergency release procedure either. My wife was near by, she picked me up, after I dropped her off at her meeting I headed back toward where I had intended to go. I found the operator and his boss both baffled along the road, that is how I know they didn't know the release procedure. Without going the same route I would have never known this.

John

Nov 13, 2015
The sudden shut down and no start sounds like it's possibly the classic reluctor wheel failure.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
John that would not explain the lock up shifter knob or TC. I'm assuming the Driver knew how to power up the truck Push button or Key.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
The big harness under the drivers side frame rail come apart?

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I went by the dealer today to get a couple things out of my truck and I all ready see that someone there didn't push the release right to unlock the park overide . They just pulled on the strap and broke the lever lock off. Do any of you know if this will be an issue later? I didn't find the message about the harness possibly coming apart until after I was back home.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes if it needs to be towed again, without having the strap you will need a needle nose and pliers to engage the override manually

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Got my truck back today, the issue was the crankshaft position sensor on the flex plate, after that was replaced they found an code for the DEF injector. A new injector and dosage module was installed. After picking up the truck I noticed the driver side running board was bowed up and found the damage in the photo. I have contacted the dealer about this and am waiting for a response. This kind of thing should never happen at a supposed professional repair shop.

Attachments

• 1162020 011.jpg
    1162020 011.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 17

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Your not Done. I've unplugged that sensor at its pigtail and Was able to put the Vehicle in Neutral Knob/TC after steeping on the brake, maybe that was what the tow driver did not do.

I don't put anything pass Dealers.

Example: Dealer have replace the HPP/Injectors and the problem still remained, Only to tell the owner that the LV/PRV was Bad also. it happens all the time. The real problem was a $95.00 Valve after $2K Bill.

Found DEF Injector Code, How convenient and coincident dental to happen at the Dealership rack.

They know (Dealers) most owners have NO idea of the vehicles design, Most Owners change oil and put Gas/Fuel in tank , turn/push key/Button for the first 100K miles and call it maintenance.

So The lair-Ship was hoping to pass that damage onto the Owner.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I didn't include that the repairs were all done under warranty and I had nothing billed to me. I have sent a message to them about the damage while in their care, I just think any damage to a customer vehicle is unacceptable. My son works as an auto glass tech. and works with many different shops in the area. He told me this dealer in our area has a history of questionable things happening to vehicles while in their care. I normally have all work done at a dealership 75 miles away that I am a personal friend of the owner and have always been quite pleased with his shop. Triple A will only transport a member vehicle to the nearest qualified shop so I ended up at the local dealer.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep I would not return to that Place, I can only imagine the hack repairs that are commonly performed.

Just another short coming of VM, Most modern day power plants have the technology/programing to jump from Crank to Cam sensor. in case of failure. That tone/reluctor ring can fail at any time. that style work OK on Gas, Diesel cranks are subject to more vibrations due to the fact they are stronger and heavier plus the Dsl crank runs on high compression.