• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck cranks starts sometimes runs fine sometimes shuts down immediately please help

Brice6amt

Dec 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum I’m in serious need of some help here I’m just stumped, I bought a 2015 ecodiesel about 2 months ago with 104k miles on it the thing still looks new inside and out everyone keeps asking me if it’s a 19 it looks so nice I’ve been super proud of the truck and just loving the ecodiesel engine. I did an egr delete engine and trans tune with ecodiesel owners Canada parts because I wanted all stainless parts and a good tune on it without sending the ECM away, other than that it has a ccv oil catch an and a S&B cold air intake a few weeks ago I was out driving and put some diesel in it then the truck would start and immediately die over and over so I had it towed to my mechanic. He said he would be a week to look at it and that was fine whatever he’s busy well the truck threw no codes only think on was the little red oil light and a message saying low oil pressure somehow a week later the truck starts and runs fine again for my mechanic so he puts a manual pressure gauge on it and it’s got good oil pressure and runs normal I went over to pick it up a few days later and same thing starts and immediately shuts down so I leave come back the next day with a new oil pressure sensor and before I even put it on the trucks starting and running fine so I take it home and let it sit for a bit then took it into town and got food cans home park it no issues. Today I take it to my parents house park it walk inside come back out like 10 minutes later start it fine as I’m backing down the driveway it stalls and same thing starts and dies immediately an hour or so later I try and start it fired up fine got it home now it’s in my garage and same thing as before can’t get it started sometimes the starter cranks it over in 3-4 turn sometimes it’s a few seconds can anyone help me trouble shoot this issue my mechanic won’t work on it till the 6th of January and I want him to do it because I still have a little warranty from the dealership I bought it from and my mechanic will do the work and keep the delete and tune on the DL even though I’m pissed at him For not telling me he’d be out of the shop for 3 weeks I just want my truck running again reliably there’s zero codes no matter what tune factory or aftermarket the truck will not start I’m out of solutions it has oil it has pressure. My thoughts are maybe it’s a clogged oil filter possibly or fuel filter? Maybe a failing reluctor wheel or crank position sensor in out of ideas any input helps thanks in advance!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its either the big connection/harness under dash or your in tank Lift Pump.

No 3.0 has Oil pressure sensor its a switch, That sends a signal V to ECM/PCM anything above 10PSI, the EVIC display of the oil PSI L-O-M.

Brice6amt

Dec 29, 2019
Truck Year
Its either the big connection/harness under dash or your in tank Lift Pump.

No 3.0 has Oil pressure sensor its a switch, That sends a signal V to ECM/PCM anything above 10PSI, the EVIC display of the oil PSI L-O-M.

I’m going to clean all the sensors today and add dielectric grease to the connections then service the fuel system and see what happens today

Jimual98

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
If your low oil pressure issue hasn’t been resolved try the crankshaft position sensor and/or tone ring.

Jimual98

Jan 14, 2020
Truck Year
If your low oil pressure issue hasn’t been resolved try the crankshaft position sensor and/or tone ring.
They actually did replace the crankshaft position sensor and tone ring but no fix. They still have my truck but I recurved a call today and the dealership and FCA engineering (3 of them) now believe it’s the fuel injection pump/system. They are not sure if all the parts are available but I should know more Monday. Not sure what this has to do with my original issue of low oil pressure and neither does the service advisor????

boblehrman

Nov 3, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2014 RAM eco diesel and am having the exact same problem. I did recently add a Banks Derringer tuner so I unplugged it and still having problem. Starts runs fine and then backing up it died. Also had it die as I was coming into a parking lot. I did have an error code once something about pressure in the fuel rail. Also it says the low oil warning when it dies. Any ideas? I’m sure my local dealership is 4-5 weeks out.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Check to see if the In tank fuel pump is working, crawl under the truck, then have someone push / turn to run position and see if you can hear the pump, ..... don't mistake the DEF pump for the lift pump in the fuel tank, the truck needs to sit for 5 minutes between testing, it has internal clock to be reset before the in tank pump will engage.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The latest up date generally triggers CRK code just before the tone ring self-destructs.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
boblerman, did replace the in tank pump (OEM) but theirs was some uncertainty if it was engaging. Have not heard from him from last week.

boblehrman

Nov 3, 2020
Truck Year
boblerman, did replace the in tank pump (OEM) but theirs was some uncertainty if it was engaging. Have not heard from him from last week.
I ended up taking my truck to a local diesel shop amid not the dealer so I wouldn’t have to wait 5 weeks. They replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor. $900. The sensor is only $300. I have driven it 200 miles and runs perfect. So far it has fixed all the issues. Now all my heated seats quit working!!!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That sensor we have For $155.00......and takes all of 1 hr to R/R that includes removing the sound foam.

I've tested 100s or rail pressure sensors, the only time they fail is water contamination or Voltage spike.

boblehrman

Nov 3, 2020
Truck Year
So far it has run prefectly so I’m hoping that was the problem. That is super unfortunate if they took advantage of me. Where I live everything is expensive so we’re used to it.

Adamscrims

Feb 23, 2023
Truck Year
That sensor we have For $155.00......and takes all of 1 hr to R/R that includes removing the sound foam.

I've tested 100s or rail pressure sensors, the only time they fail is water contamination or Voltage spike.
This seems to be an old thread but I am dealing with the same issue, also tuned by EOC. TC diesel any chance you still carry the fuel rail pressure sensor that I could order? Iv had the truck in several different shops and everything checks out on the truck so I’m going to change the sensor and see if I have any luck. Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Call Me on This 763 228-7121

Remy

Sep 29, 2023
Truck Year
This seems to be an old thread but I am dealing with the same issue, also tuned by EOC. TC diesel any chance you still carry the fuel rail pressure sensor that I could order? Iv had the truck in several different shops and everything checks out on the truck so I’m going to change the sensor and see if I have any luck. Thanks

Remy

Sep 29, 2023
Truck Year
Just wondering if you were able to fix this problem, mine just started to do the same