• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck problems

Charles21

Apr 13, 2022
Truck Year
I have a problem guys I have a 2016 Dodge Ram eco diesel I was driving and as I went up a hill the service throttle control light came on and I loss acceleration so it told me to shift it to park and when I did I turned it off and tried to start it up again and it crank but won’t turn over and the oil pressure light came up and now it don’t wanna start check engine light is on too what can be the problem ?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Sounds like a tone wheel failure. However, if you had the W58 update the truck should keep running. If you had the W58 and it won't run, it's probably something other than a tone wheel.

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
John is right. That is the best advice you will get. To elaborate a bit further, the tone wheel failure had a bandaid fix called W58 that he mentions. It shifts the crankshaft position sensor to the cam sensor in the event of a failure. You need to pull the tranny to get to it.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
@John Jensen wasnt there mixed reviews as to that true recall? Iirc the recalls drops power and allows power to a safe spot, not nessasarily full power or ability to restart.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
@John Jensen wasnt there mixed reviews as to that true recall? Iirc the recalls drops power and allows power to a safe spot, not nessasarily full power or ability to restart.
Could be. I understood it would allow a restart, I could be wrong. IMO the recall would be better than not where getting a tone wheel failure without the recall stops you dead on the spot

I reread the recall, it's not clear about a restart ability. It says, "update the powertrain control module software to maintain vehicle propulsion by reading the camshaft position signal in the event that crankshaft position signal is lost" No mention about restarting.

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
I’m not sure but it’s supposed to be seamless I thought, with a cel or a warning. The idea was to keep you on the road.
Regardless be careful with the updates. They will throw on pedal lag and lost power with poor gas mileage. Part of the ram settlement to make the emission police happy. If you’re deleted I don’t think you can get it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I’m not sure but it’s supposed to be seamless I thought, with a cel or a warning. The idea was to keep you on the road.
Regardless be careful with the updates. They will throw on pedal lag and lost power with poor gas mileage. Part of the ram settlement to make the emission police happy. If you’re deleted I don’t think you can get it.
That's what I thought too, just not sure how seamless.

I got the W58 recall and there were none of the negatives you mention. Truck ran the same after the recall as it did before I got it. If you are referring to the original AEM recall, you are right. I don't believe the second AEM software version or any other recall or update has done or been what you said. "Pedal lag" came with the original tune, straight from the factory.

Deleted trucks get safety recalls.