• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo and intake problems

jessie

Apr 30, 2020
Truck Year
So just bought this truck a month ago, been a nightmare since. Had all the glow plugs changed as one had welded into the cylinder head. They took the intake out to fix it. After that I had an overboost code, truck was going in limp mode, would not complete a regen on the highway. I took the map sensor out and egr diffuser both were nasty full of soot, same with the intake I cleaned it best I could.
Drove the truck after thought it was fixed. Completed its regen and no more limp mode turbo working well it seemed. Went to get codes deleted today, all the codes came back after deletion.
P0105- mass air flow sensor
P012c turbo inlet air pressure circuit high
P226c turbocharger boost control slow response
P0108 manifold absolute pressure
P0113 intake air temp sensor high
P2459 dpf regeneration frequency
P00f5 humidity sensor circuit intermittent / erratic

Im not sure what step to take next. I'm trying to not go broke over this POS. Not the first owner has 61476 miles. Not sure if some will be able to be covered under the recall or settlement. Anyone experienced similar issues?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Check your vin # on the RAM website and verify all updates have been done to your truck.
It may still be covered under warranty if so have all recalls done, take it home and tune it. That should buy you some trouble free miles.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, if you are going to keep it missing parts is mandatory, do as shadow suggested