• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo cooling line replacement

Filon

Nov 2, 2021
Truck Year
I’m in the process of replacing the split rubber cooling line . I’m going to replace it with 5/16” ezbend brake line and steel compression fittings. Does anyone knows why I shouldn’t do this? I worked in the rubber industry for 30 years and I do not know of any polymers that can withstand that kind of heat for years. All rubber tubes will fail!

Filon

Nov 2, 2021
Truck Year
Used 3/8” steel compression unions to add the nickel copper brake line. The lines to the banjo fittings are 10mm so some modification to that end of the compression fittings is needed. I enlarged them with a dremel drum sander.

1637006504207.jpeg

1637006568782.jpeg1637006568782.jpeg
I'm about to do this for the second time. Would love to see your attempted fix.
I would suggest using plumbing compression unions as they are shorter.

Filon

Nov 2, 2021
Truck Year
I was worried that the steel fittings were too long and it turns out they are. Didn’t get a good seal. Taking it apart and replacing them with the copper compression fittings, they are much shorter.

Filon

Nov 2, 2021
Truck Year
I replaced the steel fittings with brass. Had to enlarge the banjo ends of the compression fittings, but every is tightening up good this time.
1637248657037.jpeg

Filon

Nov 2, 2021
Truck Year
Ram the truck 100 miles no leaks. So here are some small details to make the pipe. Cut the back pipe just past the first flare, leaving as much pipe as possible. Take the front banjo pipe off and cut it so that you have 1/2” of straight pipe after the bend. Install the compression fittings on the banjo pipes first. Test the fit on the loose banjo fitting. Cut the replacement pipe just long enough to have a straight line between the two banjo pipes. This eliminates the possibility of cross threading the unions. Hopefully this fix lasts until 500,000 miles!🤣