• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Lag

Bristles

Nov 24, 2022
Truck Year
Mine has noticeable turbo lag when pulling away from a stop with a slight uphill incline. Is it a common issue? Do I need a dealer reprogram or would an aftermarket chip help?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
That's a common complaint. Some are worse than others. A good tune will correct it.

Inq

Apr 10, 2023
Truck Year
My stock 2017 was awful. I really had to focus on not pulling out in front of cars far further than with any of my other vehicles. I got the GDE tune and it's a totally different story! I make no allowances. In fact, up to about 60mph, I'd say it'll out accelerate my previous Hemi Ram. In some condition it's chirp the tires whereas the Hemi couldn't.

However, it is my understanding somewhere after 2017, between all the EPA fiasco and factory re-programming, that the newer ones aren't that bad.