• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Replacement

Mblona

Jan 4, 2021
Truck Year
So while I was under my truck replacing the cheap plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper I noticed the air charge hose from the turbo to the intercooler was wet. I put my hand around it and sure enough...oil. Took it to the dealership and they confirmed it turbo was allowing an excessive amount of oil to blow by. Fortunately it was not too bad and I caught it early. It was not pooling in the intercooler and was not blowing back into the engine. One thing I did not know was that the whole cab had to be taken off just to replace the turbo. I was shocked. Luckily after 2 weeks going back and forth with the warranty company it is in the process of getting fixed. Thank god the warranty company covered it. Check out the pics.

Attachments

• 653927814.jpg
    653927814.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 653927820.jpg
    653927820.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 654013545(1).jpg
    654013545(1).jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 23
Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Yes you do have to raise the cab to change the turbo. After I became aware of that I asked the Eco D. guy at my dealer how many have needed replaced. To date my dealer that sells lots of RAMs has not replaced a turbo on an Eco D.