• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turo throttle valve aka "lighting bolt" issue

Ed Brock

Jan 8, 2023
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi, new member here. I have done what Sean has done and the "lighting bolt" and check engine light are still lit. I can clear the codes but when I go to start the truck they come back on immediately.

The Tmap and the throttle charge air temp sensor are working properly. I bought factory new ones to confirm proper ohms since there is no mention anywhere of the ohms reading.

I also get the code PO 336(crank sensor). I know about the tone ring issue, I know that my warrantee as been extended. I have contacted the dealer and had them order the parts but they are 3-6 months out, could be longer.

I have two questions;
1) is the crank sensor and the turbo valve dependent on each other. Meaning if the crank sensor is not reading correctly, will that trigger the turbo valve issue?
2) I am looking for a FSM can't seem to locate one. I heard there is a CD but that's had to take out into the field. Any help on the service turbo valve and a FSM would be great.
Thanks.