• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

We have a 2014 with 56k miles on it.

Tomyboy

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
We bought the truck used from a dealership and drove it for 9 days and it blew a rod thru the side of the motor. The dealership had the truck for three months, they replaced the motor and we put almost 20,000 miles on it sense we got it back. At 10,000 miles we had the oil changed and ever sense when the truck get to a 1/4 tank of fuel, it stutters when trying ti start. We've even had it shut off on and a "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message pops up. We've been able to restart in the past and drive to nearest station and fill it up with fuel then we're good until it gets between a 1/2 and a 1/4.
We took it back to the dealership and they checked it out and said they have a emission recall on that truck. The dealership said that they could not dothe recall because there was not enough fuel pressure. They have ordered a new fuel module and it will be replaced in the AM.
My wife is stranded right now in this thing, does anyone know a way to trick this thing into starting so she can get to a fuel station?

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
We bought the truck used from a dealership and drove it for 9 days and it blew a rod thru the side of the motor. The dealership had the truck for three months, they replaced the motor and we put almost 20,000 miles on it sense we got it back. At 10,000 miles we had the oil changed and ever sense when the truck get to a 1/4 tank of fuel, it stutters when trying ti start. We've even had it shut off on and a "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message pops up. We've been able to restart in the past and drive to nearest station and fill it up with fuel then we're good until it gets between a 1/2 and a 1/4.
We took it back to the dealership and they checked it out and said they have a emission recall on that truck. The dealership said that they could not dothe recall because there was not enough fuel pressure. They have ordered a new fuel module and it will be replaced in the AM.
My wife is stranded right now in this thing, does anyone know a way to trick this thing into starting so she can get to a fuel station?

I suspect that the gauge may be off? Do you ever notice how many gallons you put in when the gauge reads 1/4 tank.
Being that the truck is actually stuttering, that tells me that mechanically, it is running on fumes.

I'd avoid having the truck start like that at all costs. Being that diesel injectors are so sensitive compared to gas, when the gunk at the top of your tank goes through your injectors, it really can cause major issues.

John

Nov 13, 2015
This is a somewhat common problem when the (in tank) fuel pump is failing. I'm not aware of any way to get aroung adding some more fuel to the tank.

Tomyboy

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
I suspect that the gauge may be off? Do you ever notice how many gallons you put in when the gauge reads 1/4 tank.
Being that the truck is actually stuttering, that tells me that mechanically, it is running on fumes.

I'd avoid having the truck start like that at all costs. Being that diesel injectors are so sensitive compared to gas, when the gunk at the top of your tank goes through your injectors, it really can cause major issues.

just today the truck gauge read between the 1/2 and 1/4 and when it stalled. my wife put almost 21 gallons of fuel in the truck. The dealership said the gauge was right.

Tomyboy

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
This is a somewhat common problem when the (in tank) fuel pump is failing. I'm not aware of any way to get aroung adding some more fuel to the tank.

Wasn't trying to get around putting fuel in. lol
Seeing how I have an extended warranty, I'm going to request the fuel pump be replaced.

JMF157

Jan 11, 2019
Truck Year
just today the truck gauge read between the 1/2 and 1/4 and when it stalled. my wife put almost 21 gallons of fuel in the truck. The dealership said the gauge was right.
That sounds like the fuel gauge is WAY off. I believe the standard tank size is 26 Gallons when dry. When my fuel light comes on, I can fill with 23 -24 gallons easy. I only did that once to calibrate what I see to what it holds otherwise it never goes below 1/4.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
After they get the fuel pump replaced you need to address the Electronic Throttle Control issue. That is usually tied to a dirty MAP sensor and a clogged EGR diffuser tube. While they have it tomorrow, tell them to clean them and the ETC error should go away. If you stay with a stock ECM flash (tune) on your truck you will need to do it yourself every three months or so. The recall they are doing on your truck is an emissions update. It will do nothing to make your truck run better.

Lots of us run specialized tunes on our trucks. You will read a lot about them here if you look around. If you want your truck to run right for the long term and not aggravate you with a ton of problems you may want to do that. It is NOT a discussion item with the dealer though.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tomyboy, your problem is common, Call 763-228-7121...

Tomyboy

May 16, 2019
Truck Year
Where we are at with the whole issue. The dealership is installing a whole new fuel system. From the pump, to the lines all the way up to the injectors. Fingers crossed.
Either that or park it under a tree and let one of these Oklahoma Naters have at it. :ROFLMAO:

Twinsnb

May 31, 2019
Truck Year
Where we are at with the whole issue. The dealership is installing a whole new fuel system. From the pump, to the lines all the way up to the injectors. Fingers crossed.
Either that or park it under a tree and let one of these Oklahoma Naters have at it. :ROFLMAO:
I just want a new damn engine! How does everyone else get #1? I see people that are on #2 and #3 engines! ....