• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What has been done to my ED? 2014 Ram 1500

tolbertscott75

Nov 17, 2023
Truck Year
Maybe it's because I'm new to the diesel world and I've been reading, reading and reading but I'm lost. I acquired a 2014 Ram 1500 about 3 months ago. The spoiled kid I bought it from told me it has been deleted and tuned. I know for a fact that it's deleted, no DEF has been added with 0 problems and display reads 0. But how do I find out what tune the truck has? Can some uber knowledgeable person describe a process to find out the tune? I mean......as if a kid will be doing it. He'll, even a proper way to confirm that it is in fact deleted? I'm no diesel mech but I'd like to know EVERYTHING that was done to it before I start dumping so bucks on her. Thank you in advance Eco-ninjas!!!!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
No way to know without more info.
You need that spoiled kid to tell you who did the tuning, who's, and what tune, Stage 1 (stock components tune)or Stage 2 (deleted components tune), Just because it doesn't use DEF doesn't mean it's deleted as you can turn off DEF with a stage 1 tune.

tolbertscott75

Nov 17, 2023
Truck Year
The kid was just about useless for information. What can I physically look for to get clues about what has been done?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The kid was just about useless for information. What can I physically look for to get clues about what has been done?
If it is stage 2 deleted there would be missing parts. Do a search for what gets removed.
If a stage 1 there is nothing physical to look for.