• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what weight dist hitch should I have?

jrtepperary

Jul 23, 2018
Truck Year
nebe here. I have 2016 limited with all 4 air suspension. what type of hitch works for this trailer is. 5,000 lb 800 tongue, 28' use a 4pt sway equalizer? (I have a lot of rock and roll now with a chain type reese)

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Over the years I have tried nearly all the WDHs and sway control devices. I found that the Equal-I-Zer 4 pt Sway to be the best.

jrtepperary

Jul 23, 2018
Truck Year
Over the years I have tried nearly all the WDHs and sway control devices. I found that the Equal-I-Zer 4 pt Sway to be the best.
Thanks. Do you have the four point air suspension on your truck? From what I'm hearing that seems to be the quote on quote deal-breaker

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
No, I have the standard suspension

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I know this is old. I am new on this forum. After towing a Keystone 33' trailer for a while with my 2009 1500 and later a 2015 2500 with a couple different hitchs I bought a Andersen no sway hitch. They are not cheap, but what an improvement. Very simple system. No grease, no noise, no sway, no more disconnecting stuff due to sharp turns in RV parks, no more bouncing. And the whole system is lightweight. I no longer have the trailer as I got a motorhome. But I highly recomeed it.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My first trip with our new Toy Hauler RV, 25ft. Salem FSX, 28ft at tongue we wiggled and wiggled, tongue was too high. The dealer had set the Equalizer hitch upon picking up the RV. Our air systems need a few minutes to completely react. When you first hook up to the trailer the truck immediately lifts the rear, then about two minutes later it raises again, about an inch, just enough to put the trailer tongue too high. Readjusted upon return home and have no issues. We do not experience any rock and roll. Reese flat bar equalizer hitch.