• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheels and tires, fuel economy...

JLee

Feb 7, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello, smarter people. I was looking to get new set of wheels and tires for my eco diesel. I was doing some research about wheels and tires, what happens to your fuel economy. obviously, larger and heavier W/T causes your fuel economy to worsen. So, I was looking to keep the same size tires that come stock 32's. I was checking if anybody knew the weight the stock 20 rim. Also, what markers or weight starts to change fuel economy. IE I believe my wheel tire comb is about 73 lb. I found a couple of w/t combs at 78 lbs and another at 86 lbs. How much weight does it take to start changing the fuel economy, much? and size?

thanks

wsonnenb

Feb 23, 2021
Truck Year
There's a lot more to it than weight. Tire internal design, tread pattern, and tire pressure all affect rolling resistance, and therefore mpg. The same listed tire size can vary by a considerable amount. Also consider high and low profile and width. A good source that compares them is tirerack.com

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
^^^^^^ What he said and by the way, your Eco came with 33" tires, not 32".
Goodyear Wrangler SR-A, 275x60-20, 33" x 11" wide x 8.9" tread wifth, 634 rpm