• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Won’t heat up!

Northwoodspumper

Nov 16, 2021
Truck Year
I have 2015 ram, just put the second thermostat in it and it still won’t get up to normal temperature range. What else in the system could be causing that?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Possibly the grille shutters not closing and opening? What temp are you looking to achieve?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
what about while you are driving? Diesels don’t like heating up at idle.

Northwoodspumper

Nov 16, 2021
Truck Year
Normal driving it sits around 145 -150. At highway speed (70mph+) only hits about 180. Never used to have this problem until they rebuilt the engine. I have replaced to thermostat twice with new OEM parts. No problems through the warmer months but keeps throwing a code saying it doesn’t get up to temp fast enough.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hmm. I wonder if they switched a hose somewhere and coolant is constantly flowing or if the fan never shuts off… I’m stumped

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My 2014 did the same thing, I replaced the temp sending unit and it cleared up. However, there always has to be a however, my wife's GC is doing the same with a Code, replaced the sending unit no go still coding. So I guess I will go with a new thermostat. Or I can reinstall her GDE EPA tune which can use a lower temp thermostat to bypass the issue.