• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Huge mpg drop!

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
After a recent trip to the dealer to have wheel bearings installed, I noticed they had my screen on the fuel consumption. I also noticed it was at 10.1L/100km when I usually get 8.3 - 8.6. That is a huge increase in fuel consumption! I can not get it down past 10 even after a recent trip to the east coast.

1. What did they do to my truck???

2. How do I get my mileage back???

The dealer never even installed the wheel bearings!!! They said they never ordered them even though that's what I made the appointment for. They said they just upgraded the software for the passenger side airbag.

2015 Ram EcoDiesel.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Probably idled a long time while upgrading the software. no worries, it will bounce back.

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Probably idled a long time while upgrading the software. no worries, it will bounce back.
This was back months ago! It has not bounced back. I am pissed! It costs me half a gallon of fuel every 60 miles!
What can I do to fix this?

John

Nov 13, 2015
This was back months ago! It has not bounced back. I am pissed! It costs me half a gallon of fuel every 60 miles!
What can I do to fix this?
I guess the part about "After a recent trip to the dealer> led me to believe it was more recent than "back months ago" Sorry for the confusion. So maybe it was the switch-over to winter fuel.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If it is not a tuned truck, just clean your MAP sensor and EGR diffuser tube, it will bounce back.

.....and get a tune

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
I think I will do that.
Thanks

Blaine

Northern Boy

Apr 4, 2019
MAP (Mass Air Pressure- found at rear of engine, beside the air pipe leading into turbo) will be the guilty party, not likely MAF (part of the air box). My truck is still under warranty and when I brought it in for an oil change (13 oil changes on the purchase price) but the dealer did a program on my truck (FFC bulletin) and I asked what is was for and they said they would have to do some research on the code. lol.

I called to get the info and they say they are still reseaching it! lol I think they changed the program to increase engine temps and possibly regen frequency.......unreal. That's their solution to the engine soot build up. I guess that's why the 2020 trucks have a different diesel configuration.

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
MAP (Mass Air Pressure- found at rear of engine, beside the air pipe leading into turbo) will be the guilty party, not likely MAF (part of the air box). My truck is still under warranty and when I brought it in for an oil change (13 oil changes on the purchase price) but the dealer did a program on my truck (FFC bulletin) and I asked what is was for and they said they would have to do some research on the code. lol.

I called to get the info and they say they are still reseaching it! lol I think they changed the program to increase engine temps and possibly regen frequency.......unreal. That's their solution to the engine soot build up. I guess that's why the 2020 trucks have a different diesel configuration.
Yea they reprogrammed it. Said they wouldnt touch the fuel management system. Sneaky and not worth my repeat business.

B

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
So they are really just dumping my fuel out. Just imagine the mpg without that system!

B

gregastro1

Nov 25, 2020
Truck Year
Since the "reprogram" my fuel mileage has gone to S--T and now I will try these fixes... if they don't work, I may be moving back to a gasoline fueled vehicle with its associated problems.

Gregastro