• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MPG

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Ok, so somebody will probably beat me up for this but whatever. I got out on the interstate today, and thought I'd experiment getting better MPG. I got in behind a single trailer Fed Ex truck, just out of the rocking chair and followed it about 30 miles doing 65 MPH. I averaged 38.6 MPG having wind blocked and drafting.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Nope, going off my digital gage in the dash. I have a 2015 EcoD. It normally runs 24-26 on interstate at 70-75mph.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Lol that's good mileage but good god I would brake checked the chit outta you haha.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Lol, it's all good. I was about a length and a half back. Those guys don't like to hit their brakes. I was more worried about him blowing a tire, or running over one. I had distance to to react to brakes, just not road debris. It was just a test.. surely not something I would do all the time. Lol

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
That was a pretty cool video. Not sure my heart could handle drafting that close. But a truck length and a half did make a huge difference. If you can call that drafting IDK?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I do know the ups and FedEx guys get really mad when I draft them. Ups is on ch 21. And FedEx guys don't speak English. But my friend that drives for npt I draft him and I get a solid 4mpg. But if I get more than 1 truck length away the draft is really bad and hurts my mileage

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
38dd9b871c68fc0ee8b9c71c2fb8827f.jpg

So I went out and took a pic of my mpg. This is after the draft, running through town, then out country road to my house. Maybe another 10 miles.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I do know the ups and FedEx guys get really mad when I draft them. Ups is on ch 21. And FedEx guys don't speak English. But my friend that drives for npt I draft him and I get a solid 4mpg. But if I get more than 1 truck length away the draft is really bad and hurts my mileage
That's because if we're involved in an accident, no matter who's at fault, we get taken out of service. Taken out of service = loss of paycheck. Loss of paycheck = really pissed. Etc etc. you get the idea lol. I'm not gonna beat y'all up on this. I've always wanted to try it but I can't get myself to do it.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I have a cdl and I learned the hard way not to write whiteness statements on any kind of incident even if your not involved because it goes on your safersys score. And dot profile on fmcsa.org.