• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
I have the same issues and have filed a complaint with FCA and the NHSTA. I also made contact with Wilson Dunlavey. He is an attorney with Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein. This is the lead counsel that oversaw the original class action suit. I was told by the local firm, they are following the progress of the suit.

Mr. Dunlavey is Buick to respond to emails and can be reached at .....
415-956-1000 x 2215
[email protected]

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
I have the same issues and have filed a complaint with FCA and the NHSTA. I also made contact with Wilson Dunlavey. He is an attorney with Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein. This is the lead counsel that oversaw the original class action suit. I was told by the local firm, they are following the progress of the suit.

Mr. Dunlavey is Buick to respond to emails and can be reached at .....
415-956-1000 x 2215
[email protected]

Oops.... I meant quick, not Buick.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I'm not a happy camper either. I just filed the following complaint on the government website - NHTSA.gov

It only takes a few minutes. I would suggest that anyone who is unhappy about this recall file a complaint also. The more the merrier!

"re: 2015 Ram 1500 pickup with 3.0 Ecodiesel engine and automatic transmission

Following the V08 emissions recall, drivability has been seriously reduced and has created dangerous throttle lag and improper automatic transmission gear selection. I would summarize these issues as turbo lag and improper shift mapping.

When accelerating from a complete stop there is a 2-3 second lag before the vehicle begins to move even if the throttle is fully depressed. If you are executing a right or left turn into traffic or crossing an intersection this will leave you exposed to a "T-Bone" collision.

After this lag it will then accelerate rapidly at full throttle, much faster than you are expecting. if you are executing a turn this could cause loss of control or a wider turn than desired, possibly into another lane of traffic or off the far side of the road.

This behavior is even more pronounced when the vehicle has not been run (cold engine). Climbing a moderate hill shortly after pulling out of my driveway forces the driver to manually downshift the automatic transmission to first gear to get any forward travel. Again, the vehicle will rapidly accelerate after the 2-3 second lag. Once returning to "Drive" at 15-25 MPH the transmission will up-shift several gears and then begin slowing, dropping engine RPM to 1,000, again forcing a manual down-shift to second or third gear to maintain speed. The engine produces almost no power until the engine reaches 2000 RPM.

All of this behavior began after the noted recall. I have contacted a Ram dealer regarding this performance and was told that this is a common complaint. They mentioned that the factory was aware of this but has no remedy available."
Very well written, I agree with you.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Had my 2015 longhorn flashed at the end of June.
dead petal, mpg went down, had to put it in 4wheel drive when pulling my 4000 pound ski boat to keep it from spinning the tires going up gravel hills where it was fine before (dead pedal. nothing nothing nothing then to much), also almost go t-boned, no cruise control overall not the same truck.
Then July 25th Service Electronic Throttle Control light comes on truck goes into limp mode no codes. dropped of at dealer where flash was done. tomorrow it will have been there 3 weeks. they have not been able to pull any codes, but have had the Service Electronic Throttle Control come back on.
Aug 1st started case with Ram. most amazing thing to me is they cant find the problem, much less a root cause, but they assure me it has nothing to do with the software update?????

I spent a lot of time finding and paid extra for the longhorn ecodeisel just right for me. love the truck just want it to run like it did.

Wish I would have not done the flash. couldn't pass up 4 more years/48000 miles added to my warranty and the 3000ish check I have yet to receive.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Had my 2015 longhorn flashed at the end of June.
dead petal, mpg went down, had to put it in 4wheel drive when pulling my 4000 pound ski boat to keep it from spinning the tires going up gravel hills where it was fine before (dead pedal. nothing nothing nothing then to much), also almost go t-boned, no cruise control overall not the same truck.
Then July 25th Service Electronic Throttle Control light comes on truck goes into limp mode no codes. dropped of at dealer where flash was done. tomorrow it will have been there 3 weeks. they have not been able to pull any codes, but have had the Service Electronic Throttle Control come back on.
Aug 1st started case with Ram. most amazing thing to me is they cant find the problem, much less a root cause, but they assure me it has nothing to do with the software update?????

I spent a lot of time finding and paid extra for the longhorn ecodeisel just right for me. love the truck just want it to run like it did.

Wish I would have not done the flash. couldn't pass up 4 more years/48000 miles added to my warranty and the 3000ish check I have yet to receive.
Shop called today. now they say it needs a new egrcooler, oh and it backordered
:0

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
I am so frustrated that FCA says that there will be no change in performance or mpg. Technically on the MPG they may be correct in that the actual mileage per gallon didn’t change, instead the displayed mileage did. I dropped from combined city/highway mileage of 24.5 mpg (in Arizona with the A/C on all the time) to 20.5. Driving it back from Toledo to Phoenix last year I was thrilled to record over 30 mpg highway. Now I know that to have been way overstated.

I too have been shocked with the hesitation issue when accelerating in panic situations and believe it to be very dangerous. They took what I felt really good about in terms of performance and gas mileage and messed it up. And they don’t even have a buy back option like Volkswagen. My understanding is Volkswagen had to offer the buyback because there was no way for them to approach their stated performance and mileage with a software flash. I would argue the same with FCA - this decreased performance and actual reported mileage cannot bring the vehicles back into alignment with their stated performance. I fully intend to cash the settlement check then join in a follow on lawsuit. This is bs.
same here with the MPGs 20 combined

Buzzyram04

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
Huge lag after I did the recall. But purchased a pedal commander and truck runs way better than before. Simple $300 fix.just hook up to gas pedal and it has an adapter. Multiple settings for it. City+1 will take away lag. Sport+ on the other hand feels like a brand new truck.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone have any update on this situation? I have an open ticket with FCA and they told me that they are putting my issue on hold for now. What does that mean? I am supposed to drive the 1/2 ton brick around with no acceleration until they figure out what they are going to do. I told them if I get into an accident with this truck it is their fault. I want to buy the green diesel tune but I want to see what these idiots are going to do.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone have any update on this situation? I have an open ticket with FCA and they told me that they are putting my issue on hold for now. What does that mean? I am supposed to drive the 1/2 ton brick around with no acceleration until they figure out what they are going to do. I told them if I get into an accident with this truck it is their fault. I want to buy the green diesel tune but I want to see what these idiots are going to do.
The EPA want let FCA reverse the tune, get the GDE hot tune and drive the truck until it drop dead.

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
I tried the pedal commander. While it seemed to increase throttle response at first, I realized it really wasn't much different when i floored the pedal. Still slow to go but then made the truck a bit squirrelly.

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
I tried the pedal commander. While it seemed to increase throttle response at first, I realized it really wasn't much different when i floored the pedal. Still slow to go but then made the truck a bit squirrelly.
Just exaggerated the problem the AEM issue I already have. It will let you burn out your tires but I question what it might do to the tranny

Rivercityjack

May 30, 2015
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram Diesel and after the recall the engine has a distinct lag when cold. The transmission has started to act up also. When in a forward gear and stop to back up, say like a small incline driveway, if you stop and then try to move again, the transmission appears to be in neutral and will not back up. Put the selector in drive and pull forward, and then return to reverse, nothing happens, and then to forward and nothing happens. It takes a restart of the engine to then operate normally. Has any one else had this problem? This happened over this weekend again, and have not been able to contact the dealer yet.

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram Diesel and after the recall the engine has a distinct lag when cold. The transmission has started to act up also. When in a forward gear and stop to back up, say like a small incline driveway, if you stop and then try to move again, the transmission appears to be in neutral and will not back up. Put the selector in drive and pull forward, and then return to reverse, nothing happens, and then to forward and nothing happens. It takes a restart of the engine to then operate normally. Has any one else had this problem? This happened over this weekend again, and have not been able to contact the dealer yet.
Hasn't happened to me. but after the AEM update if I open my door while in drive or reverse. It stops moving and wont move again until I shut the door and put it in park then into gear.