• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA Buy Back?

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone contacted FCA or Ram about the "buy Back"?
My trucks will hit the 30 day mark next week of being in the shop.
They have not been able to pull any codes, but they assure me it has nothing to do with the "FCA Flash".
On July 25th I got the Service Electronic Throttle Control light and limp mode no codes. dropped at dealer on the 26th. They are waiting on a EGR cooler, witch are back ordered.
will I be eligible for the buy back???????

Thanks, Isaac

ECODIESEL12

Aug 14, 2019
Truck Year
They have not been able to pull any codes, but they assure me it has nothing to do with the "FCA Flash".
On July 25th I got the Service Electronic Throttle Control light and limp mode no codes. dropped at dealer on the 26th. They are waiting on a EGR cooler, witch are back ordered.

Thanks, Isaac
So heres the deal from what I know.
As long as there is the possibility of a repair, they wont do a buyback. Unless it is something that they cannot figure out, or will pretty much "total" the vehicle; you won't have any luck on a buyback opportunity.
See my other threads as well.
-ECODIESEL12

ECODIESEL12

Aug 14, 2019
Truck Year
YUUP! that pretty much settles it. I would say this time if a repair isn't made that you would be eligible for the buyback. But that's just what I understood from what @John posted in the pic.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year

Thanks, Isaac
correction July 18th the light came on dropped at the dealership on the 19th to be looked at on the 22nd.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Well todays 31 out-of-service days. who should I call first?

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
called the lawyers in the warranty info yesterday. got a call back form a lawyer in California today.
she said to call the hot line ask to start a buyback case. if I have an trouble call her back.

called the hot line, they gave me the customer service center # . called that # was told since I already had a case open that they would have my case handler fallow threw.

called her, left a message.

20 min later the shop calls says my trucks done.

and the wired part is that they told me that the throttle response was normal. they where directed by AFC to compare to a like vehicle. and that it just so happened that someone brought one in for service the day before. still stranger I had never mentioned that there was a hesitation. I brought it in because it was in limp mode?

ordered a Banks today. ill keep you posted

solstar

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 Ram 1500 has been in the shop for warranty repairs for a cumulative of TEN weeks and counting.
First time was after getting the AEM (Approved Emissions Upgrade) for six weeks. Ran really sluggish after that. Dealer said was normal for the upgrade.
On a drive to Wyoming it lost nearly all power on uphill grades. Limped into a dealer on 6 August and it has been there since then.
They have replaced the turbo, DPF, MAF sensor, other sensors, all six injectors, and a few other things.
A few days ago I emailed them (I had to go bag home) that I wanted to initiate the Consent Decree stipulated buyback as listed in Paragraph 45 section d.
The dealer has informed FCA and now I await the call....still waiting.....still waiting.......
I have called/emailed my case manager (everyone who submits a claim is assigned one it seems)....still waiting on my case manager's response.
I have called/emailed the telephone number/email link supplied on on the EcoDiesel Settlement web site.
On the call they informed me that they would notify my "case manager".... still waiting on that call too.

still waiting....

EVERY document on the recall is found here

Scroll down to "Court documents" (page nine)

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
My 2015 Ram 1500 has been in the shop for warranty repairs for a cumulative of TEN weeks and counting.
First time was after getting the AEM (Approved Emissions Upgrade) for six weeks. Ran really sluggish after that. Dealer said was normal for the upgrade.
On a drive to Wyoming it lost nearly all power on uphill grades. Limped into a dealer on 6 August and it has been there since then.
They have replaced the turbo, DPF, MAF sensor, other sensors, all six injectors, and a few other things.
A few days ago I emailed them (I had to go bag home) that I wanted to initiate the Consent Decree stipulated buyback as listed in Paragraph 45 section d.
The dealer has informed FCA and now I await the call....still waiting.....still waiting.......
I have called/emailed my case manager (everyone who submits a claim is assigned one it seems)....still waiting on my case manager's response.
I have called/emailed the telephone number/email link supplied on on the EcoDiesel Settlement web site.
On the call they informed me that they would notify my "case manager".... still waiting on that call too.

still waiting....

EVERY document on the recall is found here

Scroll down to "Court documents" (page nine)
I've called all the customer support lines just got the run around.
I call the number for the lawyers in the settlement. they got back to me right away. I am working with Ali.

415-956-1000 ask for Ali

solstar

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
My truck has been submitted for buyback to FCA by the Ecodiesel Recall lawyers since the end of September.
It has been in the shop for warranty repair for 120+ days and counting out of the last 190+ days and counting.
The last dealer has said that the other dealer repaired it incorrectly and that they would NOT cover it under warranty.
FCA Customer Care is working on that one.
Today the Ecodiesel Recall lawyer's office informed me that there have been 58 buyback submissions to FCA.
FCA has not responded to a single one of them as of today.
There is a court hearing scheduled in early December with the Recall Judge to address the issue.
to be continued.......

lwin08

Dec 10, 2019
Truck Year
Any updates? My truck has been with the dealer since 11/14/19. They told me the EGR has to be replaced and are waiting on the part. I know there is a recall for a redesigned EGR but they don’t know when that part will be available. At this point I’m ready to proceed with a buyback and not deal with it anymore. Any info on the buyback process would be helpful.

solstar

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
Any updates? My truck has been with the dealer since 11/14/19. They told me the EGR has to be replaced and are waiting on the part. I know there is a recall for a redesigned EGR but they don’t know when that part will be available. At this point I’m ready to proceed with a buyback and not deal with it anymore. Any info on the buyback process would be helpful.
The only thing that I know from the Recall Lawyers office is that since the recall started they have submitted about 58 trucks for buyback. FCA has not responded to a single buyback filing. The recall lawyers have a hearing with the recall judge in "early December". That is all I know at this point.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
My truck is in the shop again. 3rd time. 30 day, 52 days, and now 24 days and counting. Shop is waiting on FCA star case to tell them what 2 do.

customer care will not start a buyback case or even acknowlege the buyback protection in the warranty. after mouths of the runaround from
customer care. they gave me the number for a mediation firm. I reached out to them and was told they only mediate buyback on new perches. since I bought mine last March they will not help.

Been in contact with one of the lawyers from the warranty. they have raised my buyback request 3 times with the
FCA’s counsel
and are waiting for a response.

I have reached out to a private lawyer lets hope something will happen now.

Raman

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
I've called all the customer support lines just got the run around.
I call the number for the lawyers in the settlement. they got back to me right away. I am working with Ali.

415-956-1000 ask for Ali
I talked to Ali today. Was told nothing can be done after AEM performed. Too bad about truck performance. Will contact local attorney here in Detroit

Jonathonjcallahan

Dec 4, 2019
Truck Year
I literally took my truck in a week ago got a loaner and got a call today from the dealer. Dealer said we got good news and bad news, your truck is fixed, bad news it was a creased wire in the def system not covered $800+. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me I bet all the money in the world I have the same problems. I'll let y'all know when/if I pick it up.