• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Settlement - Will it extend to 2019 models.

Chroniverous

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Morning guys,

Just purchased my truck a little over a month ago and love it. Just received a letter about the recall. Will the settlement be extending to the 2019 models as well? Or is that a whole different court case.

This really has me worried now after reading all the horror stories from everyone on here. :(

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group u r screwed just like the Canadian eco owners

John

Nov 13, 2015
Morning guys,

Just purchased my truck a little over a month ago and love it. Just received a letter about the recall. Will the settlement be extending to the 2019 models as well? Or is that a whole different court case.

This really has me worried now after reading all the horror stories from everyone on here. :(
2014-2016 so far. What recall notice did you get?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
yea but he also states I just got a recall notice right away they think wow free warrenty

Chroniverous

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I did receive a recall notice right away. Your correct. I have 2500 kilometers, so yes. I still have "free warranty". What are you implying here :unsure:

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
Just read the recall paper, have your eye on the coolant level, FCM sent that recall notice to everyone, the letter states that there is no fix yet, it was part of the EPA deal to recall the EGR coolers in case they fail.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Still confused here. Are we talking about the recall for the leaking EGR cooler or the Class Action Settlement Agreement between Fiat Chrysler, Bosch (Robert Bosch GmbH and Robert Bosch LLC), and certain current owners/lessees and former owners/lessees of the Subject Vehicles as the title suggests?

Chroniverous

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Still confused here. Are we talking about the recall for the leaking EGR cooler or the Class Action Settlement Agreement between Fiat Chrysler, Bosch (Robert Bosch GmbH and Robert Bosch LLC), and certain current owners/lessees and former owners/lessees of the Subject Vehicles as the title suggests?

Unfortunately John, people cant read. :) My post was asking If the settlement will eventually extend to the newer models if there are any major issues pertaining to the EGR system, like the older ones.

And perhaps the possibility of there being a warranty extensions. It would be nice if FCA did this on their end as a good faith thing, since there is already a recall for the EGR with no parts available.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Unfortunately John, people cant read. :) My post was asking If the settlement will eventually extend to the newer models if there are any major issues pertaining to the EGR system, like the older ones.

And perhaps the possibility of there being a warranty extensions. It would be nice if FCA did this on their end as a good faith thing, since there is already a recall for the EGR with no parts available.
Well the settlement has nothing to do with the EGR cooler failures. That's an entirely different issue being handled as a "safety recall". The Ecodiesel emissions settlement is the Approved Emissions Modification ("AEM") software update that is intended to ensure that the Subject Vehicles' emissions comply with the emissions standards to which they were originally certified. There is no hardware changes to the vehicle associated with the AEM.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
unfortunately john people can not say what they want 2 say I read it like he said it the egr cooler has nothing to do with the epa recall and fmc is not going to give extended warranty away maybe he wants to start litigation against fmc for his wants

DieselJ

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
Here's an EGR cooler with a lifetime warranty from Bullet Proof Diesel: